FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Hell on Earth NPCs Bugged

When I add an HOE Marshal's Handbook NPC (those from SW GM & One Sheet are fine..) to the Combat Tracker it lists their Attributes, but not their Skills in the Traits section. The Attacks use the proper skill at that point. If you then open the NPC sheet, the skills appear in the Combat Tracker under Traits, but all of the NPCs Attacks become untrained!

I tried loading and unloading modules and extensions and even starting a new campaign all with the same results!

HOE NPC in CT.PNG

Is this bug or am I going nuts!

I’ve sent a note to the DLC developer to see what they say.

Cheers,
    JPG

Dang it, consarn it! I just happened to be starting up a new HOE campaign this Wed. Is the suggested fix just rolling Fight or Shoot and such and then dropping damage on the target if the roll bypasses the target number? Or is there a quicker and easier automatic means I'm not thinking of?

--Prof.Dogg

Having run HOE when I first converted it, this is not a problem I had at the time, suspect that this a a bug introduced by all the changes made to the ruleset.

I'll have to have a look...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    Dang it, consarn it! I just happened to be starting up a new HOE campaign this Wed. Is the suggested fix just rolling Fight or Shoot and such and then dropping damage on the target if the roll bypasses the target number? Or is there a quicker and easier automatic means I'm not thinking of?

--Prof.Dogg
    1) Make a backup copy of your HOE GM Module.
    2) Change extension to .zip
    3) Open the zip file
    4) Edit the db.xml
    5) Use search and replace:

<type type="number">0</type> Replace with <traittype type="string">Melee</traittype>
    <type type="number">1</type> Replace with <traittype type="string">Ranged</traittype>
    <type type="number">2</type> Replace with <traittype type="string">Thrown</traittype>

6) Save db.xml
    7) Update .zip file
    8) rename back to .mod
    9) Test
    10) wait for official fix if the above doesn't work for you...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thanks for the swift reply! I made the edit as described with mixed results. The Croaker Shaman now looks good; Alien Crossbreed still wrong; Widow Maker a mixed result. I also still notice the behavior where the Black Hat was missing his Skills until I opened the NPC Sheet which in this case fixed it.

HOE NPC in CT after XML Edit.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post

--Prof.Dogg
    While I am just getting started with FG and HOE, unless there is a better way: I created a new folder under the Personalities list and will simply use the NPC Maker Extension to create the NPCs I need so they work correctly...

There's a workaround if you will... Make a copy of the NPC (just drag it to the same window to make the NPC editable) and then ensure that the new NPC gets the correct skill on the combat tab (Melee for knifes, Ranged for Guns, Thrown for grenades...) - these are blank now but I'm sure that Doswelk will fix it in time for the next update

Blog Entries
    It's good to know a fix is on the way. Users should not need to resort to "workarounds" on paid material.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The solution was a quick fix to let the chap run his game on Wednesday.

The official fix might have taken longer than his game on Wednesday to be released, I was just trying to support a fellow gamer

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information