Starfinder Playlist

Alias not working properly, players logging on to wrong game!

A player was late attending my game last night when he logged on he was told the game was full with two many demo clients which is weird as i have an Ultimate licence and I had three other players online. I closed my game server down and restarted to see if that would solve the problem but it made things worse as the existing players who had logged on previously now -using my alias logged on to someone else's game! And I had several random people logging briefly into my game. The only way they got into my game was by using my IP address. My alias is in my signature though i will be probably changing it very soon

It sounds like you and another user ended up with the same alias. Which has happened before as reported here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I guessed as much but I always assumed the alias name generator produced unique names

Blog Entries
    Nope, it just has a whole lot of possible aliases so it's unlikely it will happen. But when it does, have the player use your external IP rather than alias.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Can you enter your own choice of words or are you restricted to the randomly generated names?

Or maybe SW needs to put more words in their list in recognition of their vastly increased user base over the last two years?

Blog Entries
    There are reports that you can edit your computer registry to use a specific combination of words, but it has to be one that is a valid combination from the random generator. You can not just create your own alias.

There was talk at one time of being able to buy or pay for vanity aliases. But it's something SW has not pursued. (I'm sure their are higher priority things to do.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information