5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Question about Combat Tracker

Just bought FG and I am trying out the Combat Tracker for the first time. I created a few characters and added a few skeletons to fight. I rolled initiative ok but when the characters turn came up no weapons or spell listed. They have this stuff on their character sheet so I am a bit mystified. The skeletons all have their weapons listed and I was able to attack the characters just fine.

That is because the information is on the Player's Character Sheet. It is assumed that these rolls will be made by players and therefore not rolled from the CT

Sorry Welcome to the Forums as well

Blog Entries
    You can start a second instance of FG on your computer, do a Join Game and use localhost​ as the address. This is then your player client and you can act like a player from that session.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi all. Newer user here. I want to do some home brew encounter design simulation testing on my own using the PF ruleset.

(Using a PC party of six vs a couple of monsters in tight terrain).

I just saw this recent thread and that I cannot run all of the PCs and creatures out of the Combat tracker; I'll have to set up a second instance.

In the second instance would I be able to control all 6 PCs (the full party) so I could do a full encounter simulation on my own on one computer?

Thanks for your insight

Blog Entries
    Hi lacker.
    Have a look at an NPC sheet and a PC sheet. One has so much more information that the other.
    GMs operate multiple actors and do so from the CT.
    Players operate one or two characters and want access to everything that their character has.
    They do this from the PC sheet.

As the GM you can open any NPC or PC sheet and perform their rolls.
    But you cant do their attacks from the CT - only NPC attacks are loaded to the CT.

Blog Entries
    So you can do all the PC attacks from your host instance of FG. You just have to open each character sheet to do so.

Or, you can start a second instance of FG and connect as 'localhost' and do the PC actions from there. A single instance can can take control of (or own) as many PCs as you want.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Great. Thanks everyone!

Thread Information