DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

New version in FG Test channel

Hi all,

we've just pushed a new version of the ruleset to the TEST channel.

Please can some of you test this new version and give us feedback?

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR CAMPAIGN BEFORE TESTING or create a new campaign. There are a number of changes that will change the campaign (and might break something :-)

Highlights of this version are:
    * Reorganised Personal Information tab on the PC sheet
    * Skills object to allow you to create new custom skills with descriptions
    * Link from skills on the character sheet to their object with descriptions
    * Era object to allow you to create new custom eras
    * Create new skills in the skills window (accessible from the library or sidebar if activated)
    * Create new era in the eras window (accessible from the library or sidebar if activated)
    * Drag skills from the skills window to the era (please remember to include the basic ones (Lang - Own, Lang - Other, Dodge...)
    * Lock the Era
    * Open the Campaign options and select the new era.
    This should then allow you to create a new character and have its skills populate from the new era.
    * Preparation for the Pulp Cthulhu supplement which is ready to go when the ruleset is validated.

Please comment here if you find any problems.

Thanks
    Last edited by damned; November 13th, 2017 at 07:08.

First I want to say that I LOVE the look of the Personal Information now. This is so much better than how it was before - and I also love that Notes tab can be formatted now. I'm certain it will be used way more this way - so thanks a lot for those fixes

There's a chunk of new things I see. Funny how this weekend I was describing to my group how they could load Investigators Handbook if they wanted to look up, for example skills, and now there's an even better system for doing so from the Character sheet tab!

I haven't tested out the Era thing yet (though I'm looking at it as of writing), but I absolutely love the possibility of doing this myself from within FG, instead of having to "waste" some developers time on adding all these "not so often used" eras that you might need once in a life time - and also the possibility to create your own skills from the skill window. This is pretty amazing stuff!

I'll try to do some tests with it during the week, while I might not be able to test it in a game I can at least run some "dummy tests" to see if anything breaks or looks weird when doing so.

Looking at skills, is there a way to choose that the base value of a skill is 1/2 of a Base stats?
    For example while looking through "Cthulhu Through The Ages", Mythic Iceland has a skill named "Regional Knowledge" which base value is 1/2 INT.

At this point I can't see any way to add this in the given system, but would it be a quick fix to add that in case you run into those circumstances (making the Era and Skill editor even greater!)?
    I would imagine something similar to how Specialization works (that it's hidden until you mark it), that you can mark something that says "Base value based on Stat" (In maybe a better worded line), and then it shows two drop down menus, one with the choice of 1/4,1/2 (or maybe just 25/50/75/100%) and then the second with the Stats like STR, CON, INT, EDU (etc).

I do however see that there's very few skills in 7E Eras that need this, but it would still be a fairly powerful option to have available.

damned, Hopefully I'm not able to break it at all!

Blog Entries
    Hi Sjelsyk it seems that master ianmward has whats left of his sanity set on Cthulhu Thru The Ages being converted next... I keep saying Dungeon World but it looks like the madness has consumed him so you might be in luck... If it comes up in CttA then there is a fair chance that he will code something for the base ruleset to support it

That's great to hear damned, actually now that you mention it, I recall him mention that it was part of his plans to convert that book some time back when I was looking for a way to do eras myself.
    It's not used a lot during the 7E update of these eras (I think 6E had a lot more of them if I recall correctly), but I mean, if it's not a lot of work to add then it would be a powerful addition to an already powerful system (I'd imagine it would only need a couple of variables and then a check if it's marked, then take those two variables (percentage or whatever, and stat name) place it into the database, xml or however things are stored backend in FG ). Then again, I do not know how much backend needs to be changed in order to implement that feature, but thought I should ask anyway

Looks good, but i've got some issues with translation, can i get an updated strings_coc.xml?

Not sure how much it's been tested with upgrading from the old one, but most of the skills like Firearms Handgun etc, seem to have reverted to only "Firearms" and if you click on it, it only shows "New Skill" in the top. The same seemed to change when I logged out and logged back in, BUT the skill was nevertheless showing "New Skill" when I clicked on it. This is only when using an existing campaign from the previous version with this test version. There's also an issue with skill points when upgrading. It seems like many of the Occ points are moved to Personal points, bringing Personal in negative (overspent skill points) while Occupation Points are in the positive.

So basically, when UPGRADING to new version beware of (The Bad/needs to be fixed maybe?):
    - Skill names with a sub-skill name seems to mess up. First it only showed many for example "Firearms" skills, then when I logged out and logged in again it showed them correctly (Firearms: Handguns), but clicking on them still gave me a blank "New Skill" tab.
    - Skill points seems to mess up due to the above (or maybe something else, but I'm not sure). (See image, this was after I restarted FG so the Science skills show correctly here. Points are still a mess).

The good:
    - Notes seems to be intact, even if it's all a pile of text now, BUT nothing seems to be lost, which is of course great. It's very easy to format it and present it in a 100 times better way now.

charsheet_7E_testversion.png

On a side note, which file do I need to delete to revert back to the old version (Live version)? Not gonna run a game until next weekend, but will do some prep work (running a campaign with books, so NPCs, Encounters etc needs to be added next week) and since some parts "break" on update, I figured I'm not gonna run with the "test" version next weekend at least, even if I'd love to if it didn't have issues with old skills vs new skills with description and skill points).
    Last edited by Sjelsyk; November 16th, 2017 at 18:26. Reason: Added additional information about the screenshot

There seems to be an issue with the effects. I always get this error:

Ruleset Error: window: Control(label) anchoring to an undefined control (leftanchor) in windowclass (ct_effect)

This happens either in our active Ruleset and in a completely new one

Blog Entries
    Hi Muwak that is a cosmetic error and a fix is being applied.
    Sjelsyk yours are going to take more work to understand and fix...

Thread Information