DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    The pieces are coming together, and this is starting to get really fun. Here's my latest question. I created an encounter and then closed it. My Thugs on my map disappeared, as per usual. However, now I want to check the size of the tokens and perhaps add or delete a Thug. How do I make it so I can see them again on my map, WITHOUT putting the encounter in the Combat Tracker? TIA!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithalwulf View Post
    The pieces are coming together, and this is starting to get really fun. Here's my latest question. I created an encounter and then closed it. My Thugs on my map disappeared, as per usual. However, now I want to check the size of the tokens and perhaps add or delete a Thug. How do I make it so I can see them again on my map, WITHOUT putting the encounter in the Combat Tracker? TIA!
    I don't think you can
    I believe this is in the wishlist (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/) but I can't find it in there.

When you open up the encounter, any toeksn that are unplaced will not have a checkmark on them, so at least you can then place them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithalwulf View Post
    How do I make it so I can see them again on my map, WITHOUT putting the encounter in the Combat Tracker? TIA!
    You will need to add them to the combat tracker to see their current positions. They should be hidden by default, so the players shouldn't see them.

Note: if you want to change the positions stored within the encounter, you must click the tick/check within the encounter to present the token for placement and then re-add the tokens to the map.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, Trenloe, the mobs are invisible to the players by default, which is cool, but it is very odd to me that the all-powerful GM cannot see the monsters I placed there. The problem with unchecking one monster is that I don't have a clue where all the other ones are! That means I have to uncheck all of them and replace all of them. Lots of extra steps if there are multiple mobs in multiple rooms and you have OCD.

If you are doing this during preparation then you can edit the encounter any way you like and it won't matter what the players can or can't see. Also if you just edit one encounter at a time you'll find it easier to do.

If you are doing this during play then you can easily just remove an NPC from the encounter by right clicking on the entry in the CT and selecting delete. If you want to add more NPCs to the encounter drag an existing one and drop it back down onto the CT and then drag from the CT to the map.

You only need the encounter that the PCs are actually in combat with on the CT; you don't need encounters on the CT which the PCs haven't come to yet.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information