STAR TREK 2d20

Disaster Recovery for ongoing game

I've been using Fantasy Grounds for years and the great thing is - it just works and I have a game this coming Saturday. The problem is this - my computer died. I have a new computer coming tomorrow or Friday but I need to get my current game up and running. Is it just as simple as copying all the data files from the old hard drive to the new one - after installing Fantasy Grounds?

Do you have an article with a walk through of moving everything from one computer to another?

Please help so I can get the game up and running for Saturday.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    If you can access the old hard drive, copy over the contents of your Data directory. Should be good to go. Fingers crossed... not a good situation (but... congrats on the new computer!).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Yes, it is that simple! Assuming you can access the HDD anyway, like @JohnD said. You'll want to copy over the /campaigns/ folder to your new FG install to specifically grab your campaign database. Maybe copy the /extensions/ and /modules/ folders too if you had any community extensions or modules loaded.

Pretty much copy everything over to make sure you get everything - rulesets, modules, extensions, portraits, cache, characters, tokens, etc.. Then run an update as the encrypted vault will need to be recreated.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Pretty much copy everything over to make sure you get everything - rulesets, modules, extensions, portraits, cache, characters, tokens, etc.. Then run an update as the encrypted vault will need to be recreated.
    Apparently I should know where these files are located. What’s the path they are under exactly? And I should just copy everything and then sync?

Install FG on the new computer so you have the data directory. Start FG and click the folder icon in the top right of the main startup screen - this is the data folder on the new install.

The, go to the "Data folder" on the old computer - info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...File_Locations Copy over everything from the data folder on the old computer to the new - don't overwrite anything. This means you should have the latest products, with all of your campaigns and custom stuff.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information