STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Have Some Rippers & Rippers Resurected Questions

I've got a few Rippers & Rippers Resurrected FG Questions. I got the recent Rippers/Rippers Resurrected Bundle of Holding and was planning on getting either Ripper or Rippers Restructured in a few weeks during the next big store sale, which I think is on Black Friday or Cyber Monday of this month. My plan is to get either: a.) Rippers/Rippers Companion or Resurrected Player and GM Guides. I'll get the Rippers token module regardless of which one I get.

1.) Out of Rippers and Rippers Resurrected for FG which is the better buy and which one will I have a greater chance of finding players for currently? I do want to run the plot point campaign in which everyone I get

2.) I saw some posts to a FG version of the Blank Ankh Adventure. Is this available for purchase in the store or did it get pulled for some reason? If I go with Rippers/Rippers Companion as my purchase option I most likely want to get it.

3.) Are any of the Savage Worlds Companions going to be useful aside from the Horror Companion for Rippers/Rippers Resurrected? If you give multiple please give best order to purchase in as I'm no rush to get them.

4.) Rippers used an older damage rules and latter modules had a sidebar with the change to make. Does the FG version use the older damage f or the newer. If older can you change damage easily to newer. So for example Str+1 can get changed to Str+1d4.

5.) Rippers has a free PDF of additional new Adventure Cards and one designed to replace one with a more Rippers specific version. If a image size is 1 pixel larger in one dimension is this going to be a problem? Did anyone add them in or try using them with the FG Adventure Deck and how did that go?

6.) Any other FG stuff I ought to go and get to help run either of these.

7.)Anything I ought to be aware of about the FG versions of Rippers and Rippers Resurrected?

I believe Ikael was one of the developers on Rippers Resurrected, so he would be familiar with differences.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
    I've got a few Rippers & Rippers Resurrected FG Questions. I got the recent Rippers/Rippers Resurrected Bundle of Holding and was planning on getting either Ripper or Rippers Restructured in a few weeks during the next big store sale, which I think is on Black Friday or Cyber Monday of this month. My plan is to get either: a.) Rippers/Rippers Companion or Resurrected Player and GM Guides. I'll get the Rippers token module regardless of which one I get.

1.) Out of Rippers and Rippers Resurrected for FG which is the better buy and which one will I have a greater chance of finding players for currently? I do want to run the plot point campaign in which everyone I get
    Rippers is the original campaign and uses the original damage system that existed when the ruleset was created. Rippers resurrected is a sequel to the original campaign and uses the SW deluxe ruleset.

2.) I saw some posts to a FG version of the Blank Ankh Adventure. Is this available for purchase in the store or did it get pulled for some reason? If I go with Rippers/Rippers Companion as my purchase option I most likely want to get it.
    Black Ankh was converted I am unsure if it is still for sale.

3.) Are any of the Savage Worlds Companions going to be useful aside from the Horror Companion for Rippers/Rippers Resurrected? If you give multiple please give best order to purchase in as I'm no rush to get them.
    You do not need any to play Rippers/Rippers resurrected.

4.) Rippers used an older damage rules and latter modules had a sidebar with the change to make. Does the FG version use the older damage f or the newer. If older can you change damage easily to newer. So for example Str+1 can get changed to Str+1d4.
    You can change the damage for each creature in the Rippers module.

5.) Rippers has a free PDF of additional new Adventure Cards and one designed to replace one with a more Rippers specific version. If a image size is 1 pixel larger in one dimension is this going to be a problem? Did anyone add them in or try using them with the FG Adventure Deck and how did that go?
    I have only ever created a custom deck for 50 Fathoms and I used my own versions of the the graphics in photoshop, I did not have any problems, but I resized all the graphics to fit my cards.

6.) Any other FG stuff I ought to go and get to help run either of these.
    ALL OF IT :P

7.)Anything I ought to be aware of about the FG versions of Rippers and Rippers Resurrected?
    Although I created both the rulesets I have only been a player in the original rippers, I enjoyed it.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I am currently playing Rippers, and the stuff I am using is:
    Adventure Deck
    Fantasy Companion
    Horror Companion
    Rippers

The extension modules I use are:
    SW Character Contacts
    SW Defeated Markers Addon Sampler
    SW Enhanced Library
    SW Fear Penalties
    SW Global Effects
    SW NPC Maker
    Message of the Day

You do need to think about which Fear/Sanity/Reason system you want to use ahead of time. I like the Fear Penalties addon and have converted Fear from being a sort of AOE generic roll to an actual attack type that does Fear damage, allow Succour to heal Fear.

The Global Effects addon is also really good, you can create custom entries, like a Deadlands Fear zone modifier, and apply it to all players. Same for lighting etc.

I prefer original Rippers to the later version because I find the story line there to be more interesting.

Thanks,
    that is helpful. So I'll be getting the Fantasy Companion it seems in the future at some point.

Just get the Rippers Resurrected module, the first one isn't really worth it. The Horror Companion is handy as well, but not vital. You don't need the Fantasy Companion at all for Rippers.

Thanks for the replies.
    I ended up getting both Rippers and Rippers Resurrected.

I was able to get both due to not spend as much as I usually do on groceries the past few weeks, as result of being only able to eat mashed potatoes, ramen noodles, and slim fast due to blotched dental work in late October that ended up causing massive pain, inability to eat and drink for a week and an infection which end with me having to get a tooth pulled the day before Thanksgiving and having to be on a restricted diet for the next few weeks and may have to have another 2 teeth pulled in the future the dentist who messed up the one that had to be pulled messed up the 2 next to it as well depending on how my mouth heals and if I still am having pain.

I also grabbed the Fantasy Companion and the other Companions I didn't have in PDF form from Pinnacle's website and I'll grab the FG versions in the future.

Did have a question about Fear does the setting play better if you use the Guts skill? I know the skill was dropped in the deluxe edition except for some settings and it took me a good bit of searching to find out how it works. (Pinnacle had a free PDF with its's description for another setting.)

I don't use Guts, just straight Spirit rolls, seems fine to me. I do however use the +1 per Level (20pts) bonus, and I use the Fear Areas idea from Deadlands, which in retrospects may be superfluous...but I like it.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps you should complain to the Dental Society that presides over the guy who keeps messing up your dental work.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information