FG Spreadshirt Swag

What the "F" (copy/paste issues with F in the text)

So this is probably a common question but I couldn't seem to find a topic with the searches I tried.

When I copy paste text into a "story" (typically from a PDF, not just one, ALL) that contains "f" it acts very strange. A lot of times the character after the F will be missing, if it's "I" after the "F" (such as find) it will show up as "f?nd". Fly has shown up as ?y.

Is there a way to keep this from happening because it causes a ton of extra review to find and fix all of them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Someone once said what caused this and I remember reading up on it. I want to say it had to do with "ligatures" or something. It was something about various fonts having the combination of two characters represented by one. This is so that the spacing between the letters looks ideal and not like unicode or equal spaces.

I haven't found a way around this myself. Hopefully someone else does..?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Someone once said what caused this and I remember reading up on it. I want to say it had to do with "ligatures" or something. It was something about various fonts having the combination of two characters represented by one. This is so that the spacing between the letters looks ideal and not like unicode or equal spaces.

I haven't found a way around this myself. Hopefully someone else does..?
    Now that you mention it that is probably something I've read about.

Bah, after checking the PDF, sure enough it's not FG its the damn PDF. OCR sucked apparently or something.

Ignore me, I thought this was a FG thing and it's clearly not ;(
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Hey! I had the term correct. Wow, I'm impressed my memory served

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Ligatures! The bane of my existence. I use Notepad++ and wrote macros to eliminate the ligatures and replace with fl, fi, whatever. Don't know a better way.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

I had this thing with Foxit Reader. I used another reader (just... Edge) and now my "fi" are corrects.

Quote Originally Posted by trobadork View Post
    I had this thing with Foxit Reader. I used another reader (just... Edge) and now my "fi" are corrects.
    Hum, I use Foxit. I just tested using Adobe Reader (Free one) and it didn't have the problem. Guess I'm going to have to use it from now on for this.

It at least didn't have the same problems Foxit had in the areas I tested.
    ---

Thread Information