DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Without commenting specifically on this feature request, looking to the future new movement confirmation options will likely be necessary. With line-of-sight and improved fog-of-war, preventing the players from "exploring" the map will be desirable.
    Correct. In Maptool, I disable auto-exposure of FoW and use a manual "Expose Sight" method to control for accidental exploration. Further, I disable the drag-n-drop method of token movement (in combat) and have my players use a custom clickable movement pad so that steps are more tactical and things that can happen with each step can unfold. For example, if a player takes 3 steps and sees a bad guy, they can make a decision based on seeing that one bad guy. If they drag-and-drop 6 steps and see 6 bad guys because of a more advantageous viewpoint, you get into this meta where they want to back up 3 steps, retroactively get back movement, and pretend they're making a decision on the single bad guy and not the 6. Un-restricted movement in a fully automated vision/light system does lead to spoilers... so tools to control the game accordingly (and the the gamer's preferred level of meta) do need to be available.

Blog Entries
    Way to derail my thread guys.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information