DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 23 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    For what system. Do tell...
    5E. I am absolutely unfamiliar with anything prior to that until you go all the way back to AD&D.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    From post #71 above...
    Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    There is a bug/issue that I've had most of the time, it seems to arise with the DOE plugin.
    DGM, I was finally able to get it to throw an error, though it is slightly different than the one that you've provided. It is a comparison against nil problem so I have some confidence that their cause comes from the same area of code. I narrowed it down to the DOE: OLE extension by removing FFAL from the equation; I didn't load it. I have reported my findings to dulux-oz, see post #58 of this thread.

In my attempts to replicate the error that you've reported, DGM, I followed similar steps, with both the DOE and FFAL extensions loaded, and have been unsuccessful in replicating what you've observed. If you can and wish to provide more details on what you do to get FFAL to throw the error I would happily entertain them.

In my mind the next step is to wait on dulux-oz. If he is able to observe and remedy the issue I have reported to him, once it is fixed we can see if that also fixes the issue you're having.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1 View Post
    Any chance you can normalize the words before putting them in the list?
    lokiare1
    It just dawned on me that until I get this functionality in there, one can already do this using the “Advanced Mode” and the OR function.

Example: if beast and Beast are in the Type field for the NPC record library, one could set up the filtering criteria (in Advanced Mode) as:
    • Type = Beast
    • Type = beast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1 View Post
    When this extension is enabled, the PC window (character window) turns into a masterlist window and doesn't allow the normal character manipulation. This is while running 3.3.7 in TEST.
    I just downloaded v3.3.7 and tried to repeat the above behavior, without success.

The new Character Selection dialog has search functionality now which is pretty cool but its behavior is the same with or without my extension loaded. In the screenshot below the left panel is the CoreRPG ruleset without my extension loaded and the right panel is with FFAL loaded.

There doesn't seem to be a difference; the dialog is not typical of the master index dialog of all the other record libraries. Is it possible that the problem you observed was remedied in a change in the test (v3.3.7) ruleset between when you posted on the 6th and today? Please advise if you're still seeing the issue you reported. Thanks.

Untitled.png

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    I just downloaded v3.3.7 and tried to repeat the above behavior, without success.

The new Character Selection dialog has search functionality now which is pretty cool but its behavior is the same with or without my extension loaded. In the screenshot below the left panel is the CoreRPG ruleset without my extension loaded and the right panel is with FFAL loaded.

There doesn't seem to be a difference; the dialog is not typical of the master index dialog of all the other record libraries. Is it possible that the problem you observed was remedied in a change in the test (v3.3.7) ruleset between when you posted on the 6th and today? Please advise if you're still seeing the issue you reported. Thanks.

Untitled.png
    It looks like with the update to 0.3.2 the problem went away.
    Support:
    https://support.fantasygrounds.com/
    Have a suggestion for a feature? Go here https://fgapp.idea.informer.com

Hello, so with the release that came out today this extension is now bugged. After you type one character into any of the filter fields, the input field changes to the chat.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Scott. I’ve been working on a revision, and had checked against the test version, prior to its release. I thought I was in the clear.; I guess not. I’ll set my revisions aside and get to work on this more pressing need.

Sorry to raise the alarm... it is not your extension. With NO extensions active, the new version of Fantasy Grounds does this. I figured it was your extension because I installed it today, and then after the update it was broken. Apologies good sir!

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just pushed a hot fix. Please update, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information