FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 23 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    2) Erin (post #10, below) asked that PathFinder be supported. Supported Nov 16. I have zero experience, ever, with anything PathFinder... Again, that said I'm willing to tackle it. I at least opened up the ruleset and from cursory observations the library dialogs look very similar in may respects to the CoreRPG. Probably just a few more fields. It's my belief that there are quite a few PathFinders out there so I'll start this up soon. Erin, I hope you don't mind fielding some questions, should I have them.

Definitely willing to help just dloaded 0.2.0 and I'll test it out and see what's what

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    Do you have some patch notes?
    Nothing specific to that version, no. The difference between it and the previous version is a minor bug fix and updated support for the other three rule sets. I reserved posts 2, 3 & 4 of this thread for those sorts of details. The NPC dialog was a bit more problematic and is detailed in post 26. All the library dialogs, whether they are for spells, feats, parcels, ... behave pretty much the same. Some have more fields than others, completely based on the underlying data.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    ... I dislike the plugin for the NPC menu, it's too cluttered/takes up too much space.
    I don't blame you. I'm not very happy with it either. There are just too many fields to handle cleanly. I am working on a scroll bar bar for the lower half (the filters) but it's not as simple as just plopping a scroll bar on the form...

Blog Entries
    I just posted a new version of the extension. The field filters are now members of a scrollable list. Otherwise functionality should be the same as the previous version. If you notice peculiarities or downright errors please let me know. Here's a screenshot of the 5E rulesets NPCs library dialog, with the new scrollable list as indicated.
    Untitled.png
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; December 12th, 2017 at 04:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    I just posted a new version of the extension. The field filters are now members of a scrollable list. Otherwise functionality should be the same as the previous version. If you notice peculiarities or downright errors please let me know. Here's a screenshot of the 5E rulesets NPCs library dialog, with the new scrollable list as indicated.
    Untitled.png
    Thank you for the update, I've just tested it and it's a massive improvement.
    NPC Filter.jpg

Well done Minty, looks great from what I have seen in my PF Campaign

Blog Entries

Proportional Intraform Resizing of the Record List and Custom Filter List

As of version 0.3.0 of the Field Filters for All Libraries Extension (FFAL) the user has access to an additional control on the Library Dialogs. The control allows the user to increase or decrease the height of the Record List and proportionally decrease or increase the height of the Custom Filter List. Increasing one of the list's height is at the expense of the other. I.e. increasing the Record List's height will decrease the Custom Filter List's height.

The "Dragline Control" was designed, developed and posted by Bidmaron. Some slight modifications to the original control were made to make it work with FFAL. Permission to employ and modify the Dragline Control was kindly granted by the author.

The resizing control is located as the bottom edge of the Record List; as a line indistinguishable from the edge of the frame enveloping the list. I have marked the associated controls in the following screenshot.
    Untitled.png

To use the control, simply hover the mouse cursor over the lower edge of the Record List, left click the mouse and drag in the desired direction. When you're correctly hovering over the control an instructional popup will appear (as shown in the left panel of following screenshot). As you're dragging the mouse cursor will change from your default cursor to a double, double-ended, arrow (as indicated in the right panel of the screenshot). When you're at the desired position release the mouse button and the two lists will proportionally adjust themselves.
    Untitled2.png

Here are another two screenshots that show the two adjusted height lists. In the left panel I have dragged the control to its upper extreme and in the right panel I dragged it to its lower extreme. Note that you cannot completely collapse either list. I have purposely limited how far either list can be collapsed. For the Record List it is three records high. However this varies, oddly enough, by ruleset based on the ruleset's graphics. Some rulesets have more eloquent graphics, which take up more "real estate" on the form, allowing less room for the actual data fields. These screenshots are for the CoreRPG ruleset. The graphics are a little less detailed, which in this case allows for nearly five records to be displayed. The lower, custom filter list, can be collapsed to either one or two records high for Libraries with only one or two filters available, or for all other filter count availabilities to no less than three records.
    Untitled.png

As I was constructing this informative post, I noticed an error. It takes some doing to repeat the issue but here are the steps and a screenshot of the unfortunately mangled Record List.
    1) Drag the bottom of the form down to lengthen the overall height of the form.
    2) Drag the new list resizing control at the bottom of the Record List up to its extreme
    3) Drag the bottom of the form up about halfway and watch the poor Record List get collapsed beyond recognition
    Untitled.png

To remedy this just reverse the steps...

(There is more information on FFAL v0.3.0 in post #49, below.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 2nd, 2018 at 22:50.

Awesome, Minty! I look forward to it.

Blog Entries

Using the Advanced Filtering Mode

Version 0.3.0 of the Field Filters for All Libraries Extension (FFAL) introduces Advanced Mode. In this version of the extension the user can select (or set up) only those filters that they wish to use. For the Items library of the 5E ruleset there are field filters for 9 different fields. In the left panel of the screenshot below I have adjusted the size of the Records List and Custom Filters List on the Items Library dialog so that all nine field filters are visible. Then I placed the dialog in Advanced Mode and set up two filters, one for the Type field and one for the Subtype field. This is depicted in the right panel of the screenshot. Four things should be immediately noted in the Advanced Mode: (1) there are no little magnifying glasses to the left of the field names, (2) the field name boxes are dropdown combo boxes, (3) the field filters don't necessarily have to be in alphabetical order, and (4) list resizing using the "dragline control" is also supported in Advanced Mode.
    UntitledA.png

The user can toggle into Advanced Mode by right clicking anywhere inside the custom field filters list, highlighted in red in the left panel of the screenshot below. The popup context menu is also shown as well as the proper choice to select to go to Advanced Mode. To return to Standard Mode, the user merely performs a similar invocation and context menu selection in the advanced field filters list (as shown in the right panel).
    UntitledB.png

(This series of informational posts detailing new features of FFAL started with post 47 and continues with post 50.)
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 3rd, 2018 at 06:00.

Blog Entries

FFAL Context Menu - Create Item Option

The Create Item option in the popup context menu is only available in Advanced Mode. This option is used to add the desired field filters to the Advanced Field Filters List.

When the user enters Advanced Mode for the first time, the Advanced Field Filter List is blank. The user must add the desired filters to the list and choose the values to filter with. The left panel of the following screen shot depicts Advanced Mode upon entry for the first time, with a blank field list. To define the first field filter, click the Field Name dropdown combo box and choose from the available fields. This will bring up a Field Filter Value dropdown combo box or text search box (depending on the type of field). The middle panel shows the chosen Field Name and an associated Field Value Filter. The user then chooses a value to filter with. The right panel of the screen shot depicts this choice.
    UntitledE.png

To add additional filters to the filter list, right click with the mouse anywhere in the Advanced Field Filter List and choose the Create Item Icon at the bottom of the radial context menu. In the screenshot that follows I've started the creation of an additional two filters using Create Item. The filters are incomplete, in that I've not picked the Field Names nor chosen the Filter Values. For illustration I've also right clicked once more just to display the context menu.
    UntitledF.png

(This series of informational posts detailing new features of FFAL started with post 47 and continues with post 51.)
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 3rd, 2018 at 15:37. Reason: rephrase and improve illustration

Thread Information