FG Spreadshirt Swag

Creating an item question

When creating an item, if I want that item to increase an ability score by one. How do I go about doing that. I've created an item and added in the description....

While wearing this robe, your Charisma score increases by 1, to a maximum of 24.

but when the item is added to the character, the characters ability score for charisma doesn't increase. What am I doing wrong?

Yrislov

Blog Entries
    Hi Yrislov I dont think any ruleset can do that. You should post your ruleset when asking questions like this. Generally this requires you to apply an effect or to simply adjust the character sheet and record why in notes or via an informational effect.

Oh sorry I'm using the 5e ruleset. It's strange cause if you make a new race and use that type of sentence it works fine. I would assume that it would work for weapons too. I have had to do what you recommended by simply adjusting the character sheet. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thank you for the quick response.

Yrislov

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrislov View Post
    Oh sorry I'm using the 5e ruleset. It's strange cause if you make a new race and use that type of sentence it works fine. I would assume that it would work for weapons too. I have had to do what you recommended by simply adjusting the character sheet. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thank you for the quick response.

Yrislov
    Lots of coding was done to support that for races.
    Not everything will ever be automated in a role playing game of any complexity.
    There are too many exceptions, exceptions to exceptions, niche/edge cases and house rules.

Indeed, as damned says such a thing is not possible to do automatically. There are several methods that you can use however; either create an effect CHA: 1 and place it on the character; simply add 1 point to he character's charisma (not recommended since when they remove it it's likely that they'll forget to also remove the point); or you could use this extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information