DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Recommending Fantasy Grounds on Steam

I will add this to the newsletter next week but thought I'd share it here first and see if anyone else has any ideas or feedback prior to including on the newsletter.

Recommending Fantasy Grounds on Steam

Do you have a Steam account and want to help us grow the community? With a few simple steps, you can help.

1. Activate your license on Steam if you haven't already. All Standard/Ultimate*licenses and active subscriptions purchased before Oct 17 can be activated, even if you bought them from our site and not from Steam. You do this by going to Games > Activate a Product on Steam and then paste in your license key when prompted.
    2. Launch the game directly from Steam to have it record hours played.*
    3. Find the game in your Library, right-click and choose Write a Review. There is an option for if you recommend the game or not and you can set it as a public review or one just for your Friends only on Steam.
    4. If you follow any Curators on Steam, recommend this game to be reviewed by them.

Doing those few steps will help Steam recommend Fantasy Grounds to others and will increase how often we show up in searches and browsing.
    Last edited by ddavison; October 29th, 2017 at 19:48.

Blog Entries
    Before the steps, you might want to add a sentence or two explaining what you are asking and why. This would basically replace step 1. You are better at this than I am, but something like:

Do you have a Steam account and want to help us grow the community? With a few simple steps, you can help.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Sounds good. Edited.

Reviewed

You may want to hold off on trying to get the attention of a lot of Steam reviewers until FGU and some UI updates are rolled out; FG in its current form is a little impenetrable and intimidating to a new user. I worry that you'd snag a lot of 'ugh what is this there's no game 0/10' reviews from new buyers who didn't take the time to work out how to use it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    You may want to hold off on trying to get the attention of a lot of Steam reviewers until FGU and some UI updates are rolled out; FG in its current form is a little impenetrable and intimidating to a new user. I worry that you'd snag a lot of 'ugh what is this there's no game 0/10' reviews from new buyers who didn't take the time to work out how to use it.
    Not sure how Unity would change that; at its core FG will still be the same concept just on a newer backend.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Not sure how Unity would change that; at its core FG will still be the same concept just on a newer backend.
    Same concept and backwards module compatibility on a newer backend doesn't preclude cleaning up the UI. Things like replacing the radial right-click menu with its occasionally-confusing icons with a drop-down menu labeled in English would just on its own make a big difference with a lot of new users and not alter the way the backend works or hamper compatibility with the old modules.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    Same concept and backwards module compatibility on a newer backend doesn't preclude cleaning up the UI. Things like replacing the radial right-click menu with its occasionally-confusing icons with a drop-down menu labeled in English would just on its own make a big difference with a lot of new users and not alter the way the backend works or hamper compatibility with the old modules.
    Except SW has never stated cleaning up the UI was part of their initial intent for FGU. And, current best practice for user interfaces is to eliminate words and use icons whenever possible. It facilitates users from all languages and not just one.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    We don't presently plan to replace the radial menu with dropdowns as part of the FGU port.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Except SW has never stated cleaning up the UI was part of their initial intent for FGU. And, current best practice for user interfaces is to eliminate words and use icons whenever possible. It facilitates users from all languages and not just one.
    Using Strings however allows for easy translations...

Thread Information