DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Heya,

I have Ultimate license (the kind where I can host even trial folk). Two of my friends have either standard or the same. Two of us are in Atlanta, one in Boston, one in Las Vegas. We all connect weekly, and I reconfirmed my firewall is open on 1802 (no change since last game).

Not only can they not connect to me via IP or alias, but none of us can connect to each other on any front. Additionally we are none of us able to get a successful "Run Test"

thanks for the help!

~G

Can anyone connect to anyone? - I was able to connect to a localhost from a VM on my desktop to the game - I just can't connect to anything outside.

Update: My one friend on trial was able to host the demo campaign and I could connect to it from here. But he can't connect to my licensed version. Is there possibly an issue with license server?

If everyone has the standard or better license then you can all connect to each other (not at the same time obviously). Demo users can only connect to an Ultimate license holder or if the DM has a Standard license one demo user (only) can connect.

Everyone that hosts must have port 1802 forwarded and have their AV whitelist FG and any other firewalls etc must similarly allow FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, we are familiar with the port situation (We've been playing this way for months). I was just able to connect to one friend hosting the demo campaign on a trial license - but he can't reciprocally connect to me. Does FG connect peer-to-peer or is there a call to a central server/license server?

And wow! Thanks for the quick replies.

Yes, your license is verified when you connect. But the connection is Player to DM. I wasn't aware that you could connect to a demo user though.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you can also do a tracert to 8.8.8.8 and post the results that might be helpful.

Blog Entries
    You need the port open and forwarded to you (I assume you are the DM). Do you know if you have the same internal IP address in your router that you did when you forwarded the port originally?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Most likely your IP address is no loner the one that is set in Port Forwarding - check and confirm.
    Next most likely is your Network (in Windows) has changed to Public or something similar - change it back to Private/Home.

Update: I think it was a connection to license server problem. We were able to establish test connections to demo campaign, but not to real hosted campaign. No changes made to firewall, but it just started working again. My guess? License server down and/or ISP routing table changes to license server. My IP did not change.

~G

Thread Information