5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Blog Entries
    The Connection Test tests the connection from Smiteworks server to the PC in question and through the PC in questions firewall.
    The only time an externally initiated Inbound connection is needed for Fantasy Grounds is on the GMs computer.

When a player connects to the GMs server the only thing that talks to Smiteworks is the Alias resolver is you are using the Alias.
    The actual connection goes from Players computer across the internet to the GMs computer and through the GMs firewall(s).
    No connection is ever made from the GM computer to the Players computer.
    No connection is ever made from Smiteworks servers to the Player computer.

I have no idea what the context of the request for the test connection to be run was.
    I have no idea about how the rest of your conversation went.
    I have no idea if Smiteworks knew that they were assisting a player when they made that request.
    So I cannot comment as to why you may have been told to perform that test as a player.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The Connection Test tests the connection from Smiteworks server to the PC in question and through the PC in questions firewall.
    The only time an externally initiated Inbound connection is needed for Fantasy Grounds is on the GMs computer.

When a player connects to the GMs server the only thing that talks to Smiteworks is the Alias resolver is you are using the Alias.
    The actual connection goes from Players computer across the internet to the GMs computer and through the GMs firewall(s).
    No connection is ever made from the GM computer to the Players computer.
    No connection is ever made from Smiteworks servers to the Player computer.

I have no idea what the context of the request for the test connection to be run was.
    I have no idea about how the rest of your conversation went.
    I have no idea if Smiteworks knew that they were assisting a player when they made that request.
    So I cannot comment as to why you may have been told to perform that test as a player.
    It seems that a popular ISP in the States blocks FG with their default setting on some equipment. The easiest way (we were told) to find out if that is the case, is to have a player run that test. If they can ping the FG server, then it's not that problem. We had a couple players go through the process of adjusting the settings on their routers before they could play. I am pretty sure there is a thread about it somewhere on this forum.

Thanks for your attempt to help out.

Thread Information