DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Post 5e Campaign Starting at 1st Level Looking for Players (Sunday Fortnightly)

We are kicking off a new 5e campaign with some good old fashioned explore the wilderness, clean out the caves adventure. Watch the little video for details.

https://youtu.be/VJq4zU7rzEw

If you are interested, we play two Sundays a month, check out the session zero notes here: www.cailore.com/fantasy-grounds-session-0

We also have a shared campaign for D&D Beyond if you like to use that system for building characters. I've shared the PHB, so if you don't need to buy any subscription or datasets to take advantage of this resource.
    Ultimiate License — You can join our games with any version of Fantasy Grounds, including Demo or Lite.

Blog Entries

Faq

The group is made up of new players and some players who have been playing since 1st edition, so we'll welcome you no matter what your experience level is. For more information see our Session Zero page.

Game Times

https://calendar.google.com/calendar...dar.google.com

Type of Game
    The target style for this game is Relaxed Fantasy Adventure. There will be light role play, with players expected to interact with the game world from their character’s point of view and an honest attempt at developing an involved in-game persona should be made, but this isn’t Emo-Shakespeare—no one is going to be earning an Oscar for their performance, and some Out of Character (OOC) hijinks is permitted and good ‘table fun’. The challenges facing the Player Characters (PCs), will include basic combat, strategic planning, skill challenges, and role-playing challenges. Many, if not most, of the challenges confronting the party, will be possible to best with more than one of those approaches so the overall balance of game elements will be dependent upon the choices made by the players throughout the game.

Campaign Length
    The players will be playing through the adventure Lairs of Lawlessness, which takes the players from 1st level to 7th level.

Character Down Time
    There will be no extended downtime during the adventure.

Character Creation
    You may create 1st-level characters for the campaign using the point buy process on using HeroLab or D&D Beyond, or you can sign into the game 30 minutes before a session and I can help you through character generation in Fantasy Grounds. You may use any homebrew information I’ve shared either on Cailore.com or D&D Beyond and the 5e Player’s Handbook—subject to the following restrictions:

Alignment
    No Evil characters. While those can be fun to play, this is not that sort of campaign.

Race
    No Drow, Dragonborn, Half-Orcs or Tieflings. The natives will literally start shooting at you on sight.

Classes
    No Monks or Warlocks, both of these have story implications within the campaign world.

You can find our campaign information on D&D Beyond here: https://www.dndbeyond.com/campaigns/44709

Game Play
    Fantasy Grounds creates a particular type of game environment so all facets of this will not be discussed, but the following elements will be of interest to players:

Combat & Taking Your Turn
    To ensure the game moves in a quick and orderly manner, players will be expected to have their action ready when it is their initiative. If a player has not declared an action or intent within 20 seconds of the bell ringing for their initiative, action will pass to the next character or creature in initiative order.

Action of Record
    Although we will have voice chat to facilitate some forms of communication, especially coordinating long-term actions and socializing, all character actions or statements made in character to in-world NPCs will need to be entered in the Fantasy Grounds chat field. This is to create an immutable record of the action and allow for easy review of previous sessions if the need arises. Once you hit enter, no take-backsys.

Meta-play & Role Play Expectations
    Fun is the primary focus of adventure and no expectations are made upon the players to ‘forget what they know’ about the game. So long as meta-play does not lead to arguments with the Game Master, there are no penalties for acting out, or even discussing meta-knowledge.

Earning XP
    Experience points will be awarded throughout play for overcoming challenges, regardless of the method of success. Combat, skills, planning, and role playing are all awarded equally. Bonus points may be awarded at any time for actions or role playing that significantly advance the story, character development, or progress toward goals. Progression rates are ‘standard’.

Level-up
    If a character earns enough experience to achieve a new level, they may level up either at the end of the game session, or during the next play break, if they believe they can accomplish the leveling within 5 minutes time. At lower levels, this should not be an issue, especially if the player has thought about what direction they want to take their character. There will be a group pause for leveling when all PC have earned enough XP to be awarded 2nd level.

Player Behavior

• Don’t be a d**k.
    • The Game Master is the final arbiter of the rules—unless the built-in rule set doesn’t let the Game Master do what he wants, then Fantasy Grounds is the final arbiter of the rules.
    • Have fun.
    • Help other players have fun.
    Last edited by Cailore; January 8th, 2018 at 01:01. Reason: Removed superscript
    Ultimiate License — You can join our games with any version of Fantasy Grounds, including Demo or Lite.

Blog Entries
    We have started play and it seems that we have a great group of players in the party. We don't have a cleric or druid in the party at the moment, so if you'd like to play a one of those, we'd love to have you join.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailore View Post
    We have started play and it seems that we have a great group of players in the party. We don't have a cleric or druid in the party at the moment, so if you'd like to play a one of those, we'd love to have you join.
    My Sunday game just moved to Weds so, I'd love to join if you still need. I can play either a cleric or druid. Pretty new to the 5e rules as I just started back roleplaying after an extended absence.

I would love to join the group.

John

Hello. I would love to join the party if there is still space. I could play either a druid or a cleric.
    I'm rather new to FG and DnD. I have played a couple of times before, a mage and a fighter, but I'm willing to learn fast and to have a good time.
    I have a standard license and the core class pack.
    I could prepare new characters, both a druid and a cleric and have them ready in case you have space for me.
    I'm located in Toronto, so UTC-5, 2PM is perfect time for me.

Rafael

Blog Entries
    Excellent, I'll send you a message with links you need.

I joined the game on beyond. If you want though I can clone him as a FG character to save time. The only thing I had to adjust really was removing the Tolling the Dead cantrip and doing all the background writing.

Blog Entries
    I have Xanathar's Guide to Everything on FG, so you can use that if you like. My opposition to "other sources" is more of an warning for the people who want to play a beholder or mindflayer ;-)

I like to bring the characters into FG myself so I am forced to look at what you've got.

I look forward to 'seeing' you on the third.
    Last edited by Cailore; February 1st, 2018 at 03:51.

Thread Information