DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

how do you put a website link that works into ta module

I have just seen this in one of Rob Twohy's modules where you click on a story item and a external web page opens but i can't work out how to add alink in one of my modules

Put the link in a chat frame in a Story. Then click the bubble and it will be place in the chat window as a link.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I believe Rob told me in another thread that he uses the DOE: OLE extension to put the link into his modules but then you don't need that extension loaded to actually use the link.

But of course, Rob and/or Dulux will be along to let us know if I was hallucinating that or not.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

that's sounds more like it as use just clicked on a button next to Rob's name on the a story page and his DM's Guild page opened up however Dulux doesn't appear to allow use of his extensions for commercial use and Rob's module t is for sale on the DM's Guild
    Last edited by hawkwind; October 29th, 2017 at 08:38.

Blog Entries
    You can just open up the xml from one of Rob's products and just see what he did in the xml and do that. I'm pretty sure he modifies the xml directly for other things so maybe he does that.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    I have just seen this in one of Rob Twohy's modules where you click on a story item and a external web page opens but i can't work out how to add alink in one of my modules
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I believe Rob told me in another thread that he uses the DOE: OLE extension to put the link into his modules but then you don't need that extension loaded to actually use the link.
    What module?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can just open up the xml from one of Rob's products and just see what he did in the xml and do that. I'm pretty sure he modifies the xml directly for other things so maybe he does that.
    You can easily see the formatting for url links in the patchnotes.xml that is in the root of your Fantasy Grounds folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    What module?
    This one https://www.dmsguild.com/product/222...antasy-Grounds

That is a purchasable module. I doubt Rob2e is using a DOE extension capability in it as that is not allowed in pay products.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

As Carl mentioned, look at the patchnotes.xml in your FG application directory (probably under Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds).

An example:

Code:
    <link class="url" recordname="https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos?utm_source=FG&amp;utm_medium=launchScreen&amp;utm_content=WikiVideos&amp;utm_campaign=SelfPromote">Watch Videos</link>
    You can create your story entry, then exit FG. Manually add a link in the format above to your story entry and you'll have a clickable link that will open the web page in a browser.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information