FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 100 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I agreed that unhidden effects on an NPC will be visible on the client side CT; but my point was that this fact isn't broadcast in chat which was I think what the OP was concerned about. Even with effects not hidden nothing will show up on the chat as far as effects on an NPC is concerned; not even effects which the PCs might have applied.
    To clarify what celestian is saying - the chat messages shown in the screenshot are custom messages coded in the extension - it completely depends on how those messages are coded as to whether they appear to just the GM or to all connected players.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    But it does broadcast in chat unless it's hidden. That's what I was saying. I use the CoreRPG add effect but I don't use it's text output for the reasons previously mentioned.
    Ah, right, so it does. My testing was not thorough enough it would seem. I was testing cycling through the CT and it doesn't show when the NPCs turn comes around. But it does show when the NPC is first placed on the CT unless the effect is hidden.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It might make sense to verify for your custom output whether the CT node that the effects are being applied to are hidden, and and only use local chat message if hidden as an actor or as an effect.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It might make sense to verify for your custom output whether the CT node that the effects are being applied to are hidden, and and only use local chat message if hidden as an actor or as an effect.

Regards,
    JPG
    Good plan. Based on this topic I've tweaked the next rev (will probably wait till 3.3.7 is out) have that functionality. At the very least when you drag/drop a NPC it should be hidden right off since ... obviously the npc is automatically hidden when first placed in there.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Awesome!

The goblins being revealed was my bad because apparently while fiddling around I put an empty Effect on them, which showed up on Chat when I added them to the CT. And the players saw that.

Last week, I had built "Mage Armor; AC:3" to a mage NPC and I accidentally revealed that, AGAIN, because I had set it up as "Show" because once the PCs saw the character it would be obvious. I added the NPC to the CT a bit early to prepare the encounter while RPing, while completely forgetting the "Show" I sat up. I revealed something I shouldn't have.

I'll make sure I set up EVERYTHING as Hidden from now on

Quote Originally Posted by HuseyinCinar View Post
    I'll make sure I set up EVERYTHING as Hidden from now on
    It should "default" to "hide" when first adding because of the reasons you've mentioned.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I've reviewed the updates to 3.3.7 and do not believe any updates need to be made. Please let me know if you run across any issues if I missed something.
    ---

So my DM granted me a magical dagger that, in direct sunlight it is a normal +1 dagger, but when it is NOT in direct sunlight it is a +2 magical dagger with the damage die of a shortsword (1d6).

Obviously, Fantasy Grounds currently doesnt have a way to know if im in Sunlight or not right now (hopefully in FGU maybe?) Would this extension be able to be used in some manner to give me the option to do 1d4+1 or 1d6+2, or would i still need to create 2 actions for this item?

((Also open to other ideas how to best accomplish this))

Quote Originally Posted by Tigon View Post
    So my DM granted me a magical dagger that, in direct sunlight it is a normal +1 dagger, but when it is NOT in direct sunlight it is a +2 magical dagger with the damage die of a shortsword (1d6).

Obviously, Fantasy Grounds currently doesnt have a way to know if im in Sunlight or not right now (hopefully in FGU maybe?) Would this extension be able to be used in some manner to give me the option to do 1d4+1 or 1d6+2, or would i still need to create 2 actions for this item?

Without there being a day/night cycle within FG and managed in an effect somehow this extension won't help with that.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Tigon View Post

It would be much easier to just create two weapon entries on the actions tab, one for each. then just be careful to use the one thats appropriate.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information