DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    I would recommend a change to the instructions that tells the user to copy the content of the CSV file from a text editor. I personally have Excel on my computer and that is the default for opening CSV files. Copying selected cells from the Excel interface creates a much different result than copying text separated by commas. Same is true for Google spreadsheets.

Knowing this now it is an highly useful extension and just saved me a bunch of time taking data from my google spreadsheet and putting it into FG. It also means that i can feel confident is creating tables quickly in Google sheets and then can paste them into FG where I will read them.

DMs Guild Products: Waterdeep primer, Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module
    Current GM Games: DnD 5E Forgotten Realms, DnD 5E Tal'Dorei
    Current Projects: Waterdeep Battlemaps
    Systems of Interest: DnD 5E, 7th Sea
    Random Musing: https://www.jasonhardin.com

Blog Entries
    This apparently does NOT work within CLASS FEATURE entries. I was dismayed.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    I can't seem to get this to work within ITEM descriptions. Works in STORY so I know I'm doing it right.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Items don’t accept formatted text, so that would be the reason for that. Magic items on the other hand do accept formatted text.

I don’t think class traits or features accept formatted text either, but class descriptions do.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Items don’t accept formatted text, so that would be the reason for that. Magic items on the other hand do accept formatted text.

I don’t think class traits or features accept formatted text either, but class descriptions do.
    I guess I'll wishlist those.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

ClassFeatureAndItem.JPG
    Hey Rob, just thought I would let you know that Items and Class Features do take rich text. the attached image shows sister elements to table (heading, list, linklist) that I've used in those locations for the past 12 months. I tested the ctrl + 6 command and a table was easily inserted at both locations. Therefore, the features do work in FG. I'm working on a different project right now, but might take a look at why it is not working there later. If I had to guess, the extension probably does not declare those window classes when it declares where to look for #table# . If that guess is correct, I should be able to fix it myself, but that would mean de-compiling his extension (which I would view as an ethical breach to do without his permission). Lokiare1 may I take a look and see if I can fix it (I would plan on just re-posting it to this thread)? Thank you!
    Last edited by ProNobis; November 1st, 2018 at 16:51. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ProNobis View Post
    ClassFeatureAndItem.JPG
    Hey Rob, just thought I would let you know that Items and Class Features do take rich text. the attached image shows sister elements to table (heading, list, linklist) that I've used in those locations for the past 12 months. I tested the ctrl + 6 command and a table was easily inserted at both locations. Therefore, the features do work in FG. I'm working on a different project right now, but might take a look at why it is not working there later. If I had to guess, the extension probably does not declare those window classes when it declares where to look for #table# . If that guess is correct, I should be able to fix it myself, but that would mean de-compiling his extension (which I would view as an ethical breach to do without his permission). Lokiare1 may I take a look and see if I can fix it (I would plan on just re-posting it to this thread)? Thank you!
    I see no image?

Edit: and now i do... lol
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

You can take a look and see. The way it works is it takes the last window that was opened and the last formattedtext field and enters the table there.

Thank you Iokiare1!

Yes your code searches for type =="formattedtextfield" however it only does that within w.getClass ()= "encounter" (ie story modules) and automatically populates within w.getClass () = "table" (rollable tables)

You will note that if you add a section nearlly identical to the encounters that instead says reference_feat your extension will now work in feats.
    if w.getClass() == "reference_feat" then
    for k,v in pairs (w.getControls()) do
    dMessage(type(v));
    if type(v) == "formattedtextcontrol" then
    cLastFormattedText = v;
    cLastRollTable = nil;
    elseif type(v) == "formattedtextfield" then
    cLastFormattedText = v;
    cLastRollTable = nil;
    end
    end
    Your lua is perfect for this and needs no expansion.

I think that it would probably be pretty easy to expand to work in a bunch of other locations that have rich text, unfortunately they have a slightly different setup and will require different lua (which I'm still awful at as I've only worked XML, XSD, and C++). A quick search of the rulesets for "ft_columnh" should help you find many of the other sections for rich text (Adventure logs, class descriptions, items, item templates, powers (spells), equipment, magic items (the magic item forge?), and quests) Not sure where the class features are hiding... if you want I can try to dig that up for you. Do you want me to try to learn enough lua to expand your extension to handle all of this, or is this enough of a hint for you to finish it up on your own?

P.S. If I've shown too much of your code here, let me know and I'll take it down. I figured it would help with explaining and came from an extension with no DRM so it would be okay, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by ProNobis View Post
    Thank you Iokiare1!

Yes your code searches for type =="formattedtextfield" however it only does that within w.getClass ()= "encounter" (ie story modules) and automatically populates within w.getClass () = "table" (rollable tables)

You will note that if you add a section nearlly identical to the encounters that instead says reference_feat your extension will now work in feats.
    if w.getClass() == "reference_feat" then
    for k,v in pairs (w.getControls()) do
    dMessage(type(v));
    if type(v) == "formattedtextcontrol" then
    cLastFormattedText = v;
    cLastRollTable = nil;
    elseif type(v) == "formattedtextfield" then
    cLastFormattedText = v;
    cLastRollTable = nil;
    end
    end
    Your lua is perfect for this and needs no expansion.

I think that it would probably be pretty easy to expand to work in a bunch of other locations that have rich text, unfortunately they have a slightly different setup and will require different lua (which I'm still awful at as I've only worked XML, XSD, and C++). A quick search of the rulesets for "ft_columnh" should help you find many of the other sections for rich text (Adventure logs, class descriptions, items, item templates, powers (spells), equipment, magic items (the magic item forge?), and quests) Not sure where the class features are hiding... if you want I can try to dig that up for you. Do you want me to try to learn enough lua to expand your extension to handle all of this, or is this enough of a hint for you to finish it up on your own?

P.S. If I've shown too much of your code here, let me know and I'll take it down. I figured it would help with explaining and came from an extension with no DRM so it would be okay, but if I'm wrong please let me know.
    Unfortunately I don't have time to update it, but feel free to update your copy. You might even be able to iterate through each sub-window (control) looking for a formatted text field/control which would make it more universal all around.

Thread Information