STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 17 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Right now the real utility of this is that I just need to clean out the extra LF characters you get from copying from a PDF. There is a comma-separated table input extension here on the forums as well, except that , is used all the time so I never was able to really use it.

The only pain was longer tables that did not increase by 1 and that feature has been added.

The way FG treats multi column tables, I have not seen much use in a rollable one.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    I bet many users create a spreadsheet for their tables and copy from that. So the || wouldn't be hard to use. On large, multi-column tables, it would be great. There are a few tables I've wanted to create, but decided I'm not going to spend the time because they're multi-column and very large.

Of course you might confuse some programmers as || means OR in some languages if I remember correctly. ;P
    && you would be correct
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    && you would be correct
    I'm glad I was !wrong.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    The way FG treats multi column tables, I have not seen much use in a rollable one.
    How would you rather they work, Myrdin?

Blog Entries
    Since entering a single column table is easy and you can easily call other tables from it, why co to the hassle of a multi column one?

The only use is multiple results from the same roll, but they need to all be the same row. Otherwise, what is the advantage over a single column table?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

if you can reference the column result of a row in a story template, it would be pretty useful in many cases.

Blog Entries
    Or reference 2 single column tables in a template and get the same result and use Celestian’s excellent table importer?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Or reference 2 single column tables in a template and get the same result and use Celestian’s excellent table importer?
    There is a use case for having the column tables.

You have random situations A, B and C. On B there is also the chance of D. D calls it's own table and runs through it's own randomness check.

There is no way to replicate that double column behavior with 2 tables.

Tables that come to mind where this would be useful is the AD&D treasure tables for treasure types. You have various chances to get various items (gold,silver,jewelry,magic/etc). With a single table you can generate all the rolls for each of them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I'm just starting to draft my little helper for Magic item creation and I wouldn't mind linking tables together using your tool. Is it possible to automate table linking on this importer or would I need something more fancy?

For The table Ax example:
    [Ax]
    [A1] + Reference Table [Bx]
    [A2] + Reference Table [Bx]
    [A3] + Reference Table [Cx]
    [A4]
    [A5] + Reference Table [Ax]
    etc.

This action is trivial in person (you just nest the table) but I'm not looking forward to the manual labor

Blog Entries
    For the number parsing, doe 1 work but 1. not work? So if the table is labeled 1. 2. 3. , it will not strip the numbers?

Thread Information