Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last

CoreRPG/5E - Table Importer

NOTICE: 3.3.12+ is now live and I've retired this extension. This means I will no longer update. Table Importer is now with CoreRPG.

See this video for the official instructions on the CoreRPG Table Importer.
    So, I made this for my ruleset a while back because I was really not looking forward to typing in a ton of simple tables. This allows you to import the text of a table and each line will be a entry in the table. Like this.

with the result of

1.5+ version adds support to use existing dice rolls in string. So, for example:

Code:
    Staves With Dice
    1-2 Mace
    3 Command (Priest, Wizard)
    4-5 Curing (Priest)
    6 Magi (Wizard)
    7 Power (Wizard)
    8 Serpent (Priest)
    9-10 Slinging (Priest)
    11-12 Spear
    13-14 Striking (Priest, Wizard)
    15 Swarming Insects (Priest, Wizard)
    16 Thunder & Lightning
    17-18 Withering
    19 Woodlands (Druid)
    20 DM’s Choice 

.... or ....
    Staves Generated Dice
    Mace
    Command (Priest, Wizard)
    Curing (Priest)
    Magi (Wizard)
    Power (Wizard)
    Serpent (Priest)
    Slinging (Priest)
    Spear
    Striking (Priest, Wizard)
    Swarming Insects (Priest, Wizard)
    Thunder & Lightning
    Withering
    Woodlands (Druid)
    DM’s Choice
    And they will import like this. It will use existing dice (assuming the format above matches) or it will generate it's own dice rolls based on line count.

I mostly put this together as a extension because I saw Rob2e painfully, tediously doing tables on his stream that he could just copy/paste and it would be done with very little effort.

A few caveats.

• Each line will be an entry. If the line wrapped in the PDF you'll need to correct it before you click "IMPORT".
    • It will assign a number to the entries based on how many lines there are. If you need varying ranges/etc you'll need to do that yourself.

update 1.1: first line will now be used as the table name. now a CoreRPG/5E module.
    update 1.2: real support for CoreRPG/etc.
    update 1.4: fix for AD&D Core DMs.
    update 1.5: added support for parsing of existing rolls in string
    update 1.6: add more string matching for dice and period (%d+%.?)
    update 1.7: trims off spaces in front of and on tail end of each line in import box at process time
    update 1.8: Will now split each line on 2 spaces or more and add a column for each one.
    update 1.9: Recognize a wider range of dice text.
    update 2.0: Updated to run under FGU.
    update 2.1: Updated for non-2E/5E flavors of rulesets. CoreRPG+.
    update 2.2: FGU tentative support.

Download here:
    Last edited by celestian; March 1st, 2022 at 21:55.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Nice work, I'll probably use this myself next time a project has a lot of tables!

However, not to be "that guy" but rollable tables are a CoreRPG thing, not a 5E thing. Shame you limited the potential userbase like that...

Blog Entries
    OMG! Called out by name! Hilarious.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Nice work, I'll probably use this myself next time a project has a lot of tables!

However, not to be "that guy" but rollable tables are a CoreRPG thing, not a 5E thing. Shame you limited the potential userbase like that...
    I actually did try to set it up for CoreRPG but I ran into some title template issues because I wrote it for 5E that I to lazy to fix. If someone can sort out the diffs I'll happily apply them so it can be CoreRPG/5E. I figured this would be a low use extension because it's a pretty specific need.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    OMG! Called out by name! Hilarious.
    Please don't take offense. I enjoy watching your stream and like your work in modules.

One thing I will add to this thread is Rob had issues selecting text only in a list of items and numbers. In most PDF viewers you can press ALT while using select tool and it will let you select a column. Just exclude the numbers in the copy and you should be good.

Lets you select like this.

---

Blog Entries
    Celestian I do love your work!

I have PMd you a quick and dirty hack for CoreRPG (well I did it for MoreCore but it works fine in CoreRPG too).
    Its not as pretty as yours but it works...

Ive one suggestion after testing it out - it works beautifully btw.

What about using line 1 as the table name...?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Celestian I do love your work!

I have PMd you a quick and dirty hack for CoreRPG (well I did it for MoreCore but it works fine in CoreRPG too).
    Its not as pretty as yours but it works...

Ive one suggestion after testing it out - it works beautifully btw.

What about using line 1 as the table name...?
    Thanks, I'll look at it this evening and get it applied.

At one point I actually had that (used first line for title) but it seemed to slow me down more than just setting it from the table window. Lot of the tables I would copy in PDFs would have multi-line titles or alignment issues and I'd have to edit/fix them anyway.

I'll look at re-adding it and let you guys play with it and see. Could be just me.
    ---

Update 1.1

* Removed some debug output.
    * First line of text will be the title/name of the table.
    * Support for CoreRPG added (thanks damned for template resolution).

Let me know if the first line of text being title is good/bad
    ---

Blog Entries
    I just tested with a couple of CoreRPG rulesets.

Suggestion - Id remove all the Ruleset tags so it can be used with Savage Worlds, Castles&Crusades, GURPS, Call of Cthulhu etc etc.
    Ill see if I can make it work with both 5e and CoreRPG as at the momment it is showing again without some elements (background, instructions) but the rest works.
    I do like it with it parsing the Table name

Blog Entries
    After painfully importing many 100+ line tables, with many more in front of me, I cannot wait to try this.

If you get bored, can you get around to writing a proper reference manual creator. :-D

\o/
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information