Starfinder Playlist
Page 7 of 17 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Thank you very much! This will be super helpful going forward.

Blog Entries
    Not sure if you could do this, but if you automatically stripped like feeds out when numbers are there, it would become the easiest ever table importer. Now it is simply awesome.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Great change! I was thinking about importing a random encounter system I built in Excel years ago. But it had a lot of entries with different weights. This will help immensely.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Slick! Thanks! It took less time to setup and import 3 monster (as in big) tables than it would have taken to copy-paste 1d20.

Blog Entries
    Multiple column support? If it already has it, I missed it somehow.
    Untitled.png
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    Multiple column support? If it already has it, I missed it somehow.
    Untitled.png
    The problem is to deal with that you'd need a separator. Unfortunately you cannot use <tab>s for that. And since a LOT of these strings have commas and ; and : and various other characters those are out also. FG filters out <Tab> characters within the paste buffer so I can't even by-pass that either (or I would).

I would love to do it but there really isn't a clean way. I might could look for "double space" and split on that? I'll think about it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi Celestian,

How about breaking columns on the pipe (|)? Rarely used in regular text strings, and since we usually have to prep the table in Excel or a text editor anyway... easy to replace/insert pipes (very easy when exporting from Excel).

Thanks for your work on this!
    G
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    Hi Celestian,

How about breaking columns on the pipe (|)? Rarely used in regular text strings, and since we usually have to prep the table in Excel or a text editor anyway... easy to replace/insert pipes (very easy when exporting from Excel).

G
    Since I don't know the logic your table exporter uses, might I suggest that perhaps a double || symbol might be better?

The logic being, that under ordinary circumstances, pipe symbols are not used in books or PDF documents - but if one Pipe symbol is rare, a double || should be almost impossible.

So...

Table Name
    Range number(s) Item || Item 2 || Item 3

I don't know the maximum number of column can have and still function well, but this I do know...

Never create a random table of names that contain 10,000+ names in it. It slows Fantasy Grounds to a dead stop...

Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    Hi Celestian,

G
    The only problem with that sorta thing is it kinda defeats the purpose of making it "easy" to use. If you have to go type in "||" everywhere you wanna make a column it's really just a markup.

Now, if you could select/copy the block from a PDF and can split based on the content of the PDF that would be infinitely more useful for folks I think. You used to could copy/paste a table from a PDF and it use a specific character you could split on... but I can't find the option anymore but... as I said previously I think most do have more than a single space between the columns so it might be doable. I've got a line of things to do but I'm definitely going to circle back to this when I get time.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The only problem with that sorta thing is it kinda defeats the purpose of making it "easy" to use. If you have to go type in "||" everywhere you wanna make a column it's really just a markup.
    I bet many users create a spreadsheet for their tables and copy from that. So the || wouldn't be hard to use. On large, multi-column tables, it would be great. There are a few tables I've wanted to create, but decided I'm not going to spend the time because they're multi-column and very large.

Of course you might confuse some programmers as || means OR in some languages if I remember correctly. ;P
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Thread Information