DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Having rules details within FG has never been an issue for me (/us). If we need the text from one of the books for some reason, I just cut & paste into chat from the PDF. I suppose it'd be nice to have all the skills fluff in FG already, but it really won't make a big difference for us, due to the way we've always played.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    Every skill and trait has a brown "eye in the pyramid" icon next to it on the character sheet that opens a small Notes box, I think? Maybe that's non-standard, oopsie. At work, can't check atm!
    Just checked and you're right. It only appears on character sheets though, not on NPC sheets (which is the reason I hadn't seen it). Thanks!
    Last edited by Exalted; October 26th, 2017 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
    Great setting, beautiful site. I couldn't find the part describing what the campaign is. I take it you're using Celtic Myth?

Btw see this thread a G+ page for a Drama System game in the twilight of Roman Britain a few decades earlier and a few hundred leagues north of your setting. (Drama System = Hillfolk, an interesting discussion for another thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
    Having rules details within FG has never been an issue for me (/us). If we need the text from one of the books for some reason, I just cut & paste into chat from the PDF. I suppose it'd be nice to have all the skills fluff in FG already, but it really won't make a big difference for us, due to the way we've always played.
    [Hisses under his breath:] Shh! This is the part where we're encouraging SJG to commit to official support!

Back in my glory days (when I actually had time to game) I knew the GURPS rules well enough to do what you're describing here, but these days it'd sure be handy to have the rules pre-entered. It'd also make GURPS (like any ruleset) more accessible to newcomers. But the biggest benefit, I suspect, is cutting down time creating (N)PCs by having skills etc drag-and-droppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    It'd also make GURPS (like any ruleset) more accessible to newcomers.
    This! Most of my games are introducing GURPS newbies, so for them to able to look over their sheet, wonder what "Savoir-Faire" or "Brachiator" is, and click a button to have the exact text of the book right there to read? Priceless.
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Rigil really should have put all that up on our wiki instead of Obsidian Portal.
    I hate wikis because I can't use them like I use Portal. Want to have stats for the character that I can glance while not running FG but don't want the PCs to see this? Bam. I can do that. Have an interesting plot idea for a character that the Players are ignorant of? And so on. Is OP perfect? Heck no. I actually would like to be able to download the whole thing and run it off my own site rather than use them, but you work with what you've got.
    Last edited by Rigil Kent; October 26th, 2017 at 20:38.
    None of us are virgins; life has screwed us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    Great setting, beautiful site. I couldn't find the part describing what the campaign is. I take it you're using Celtic Myth?
    Well ... crap. You're right. How the heck did I miss that? Clearly need to edit the main page (while I'm fixing PhotoBucket's decision to render their service useless to me...)
    None of us are virgins; life has screwed us all.

Blog Entries
    Well, to be honest, I have had this desire to run a Russian Revolution era themed game for many years and in doing my research, GURPS probably would have been best for this. Maybe now is the time to pick this project up again and go for it.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    Well, to be honest, I have had this desire to run a Russian Revolution era themed game for many years and in doing my research, GURPS probably would have been best for this. Maybe now is the time to pick this project up again and go for it.
    Seems that this is one of GURPS' strengths--enabling niche games like historical periods. I love this kind of thing. As Ken Hite says, "History is the world's greatest roleplaying supplement."

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Thread Information