DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

D&D5e - NPC creature monster tracking stuff used

Hello all,

I tried searching with about 30min of forum-fu and didn't find an answer and so here i am asking the question.
    How might a person go about tracking consumable things a NPC might use? e.g. thrown spears, fired arrows, used spell slots? I heard someone tell me once about setting up "charges" and am thinking they were referring to the CT, but they were only chatting from here-say, not from knowing. So now I'm asking, what can i do within a NPC sheet or within the CT, to track usages?

There isn't a way to track NPC consumables. Just assume that the NPC has enough of everything to last the combat.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You could add them as effects on the CT but it would be cumbersome.
    Say the goblin has 3 Spears. You add 3 effects named Spear. When he throws a spear, you delete 1 effect.
    FG_effect_spear.jpg

With the Advanced-effects extension you could even set up the NPC to add it autom.
    FG_effect_spear1.jpg
    Last edited by Thegroo; October 24th, 2017 at 18:15.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegroo View Post
    You could add them as effects on the CT but it would be cumbersome.
    Say the goblin has 3 Spears. You add 3 effects named Spear. When he throws a spear, you delete 1 effect.
    FG_effect_spear.jpg

With the Advanced-effects extension you could even set up the NPC to add it autom.
    FG_effect_spear1.jpg
    Very interesting ... but ouch that'd be alotta work! Still it's an idea.
    As per assuming the NPC/creature has enough of ammo required for the battle ... I dunno. I see your point for simplicity, but suspension of belief wise and long battles with lots of seeking cover ... anyway thanks for the feedback!

Thread Information