DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    I agree no DM would need them all open at the same time. I had them open because I was adding story pins to them.

thank you for the help on the size. I will resize them, hopefully the text for the street names will be readable. Hopefully devising the pin coordinates by the reduction in size will allow me to move the pins without having to literally move all the pins.

DMs Guild Products: Waterdeep primer, Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module
    Current GM Games: DnD 5E Forgotten Realms, DnD 5E Tal'Dorei
    Current Projects: Waterdeep Battlemaps
    Systems of Interest: DnD 5E, 7th Sea
    Random Musing: https://www.jasonhardin.com

Blog Entries
    Note that the 2048x2048 is a recommendation for general use images. You can (as you noticed) use larger size maps, but you have to make the user aware of the implications. I have the following text in my module. You are welcome to use it if it is of interest.

The Ultimate Undermountain is broken up into multiple Fantasy Grounds modules, one for each level or region. In most cases you will not need to, or want to, have more than one Ultimate Undermountain module open at a time.
    Images and Memory Management
    This module includes a huge number of higher than standard resolution map images. Though they have been tested extensively without issue, it is possible to approach or exceed computer memory useable by Fantasy Grounds with sharing large numbers of these images.
    It is important that the DM regularly unshare images that are no longer needed by the party. This is especially important if player's view of FG begin to exhibit instability, crashing, or the inability to see images.
    Unsharing Images
    In the bottom right corner of the Iamges & Maps list is a button that normally shows "All". This button can be clicked to filter the list to show only those images that have been shared. You can then unshare these images by right clicking on each one and selecting the "Stop Sharing Sheet" option or by clicking on the circled P or S shown in the list.
    Memory Limits
    For reference, 32-bit Windows operating systems will begin to have trouble when the fantasygrounds.exe process approaches 1.5GB. While 64-bit Windows operating systems will begin to have trouble when the fantasygrounds.exe process exceeds 3GB. This limit is independent of how much RAM is installed on the computer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

On the GM-side, the biggest map that I have ever opened in FG comes packaged with 5e SCAG. That area map is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I have the following text in my module.
    The issue is that many people won’t read such text. It’s better to err on the side of caution with map sizes wherever possible.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, plikhov, and welcome to the FG forums!

I finally got around to publishing a Waterdeep Module on DMs Guild (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/262...Grounds-Module).

The Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module includes the following:
    • 14 Maps of Waterdeep (Based on Elven Tower's Waterdeep Map) used to categorize locations with pins on the map including one map for your campaign.
    • Support for the Waterdeep Dragon Heist Fantasy Ground Module adding 429 location pins to the Waterdeep DM maps
    • 429 Locations separated by ward and type (city buildings, festhalls, inns, noble villas, residences, shops, taverns, temples and wizard towers)
    • 43 Guilds with guild leader and notable guild members
    • 75 Noble Families with patriarchs, consorts, heirs, holdings, income and trade interests
    • 299 NPCs including, noble family members, fences, shop, tavern and inn owners all with stats converted to 5e or generated from scratch
    • 28 Color Noble Family Crests (more to come)
    • 9 Custom battle maps of generic buildings in Waterdeep using Forgotten Adventures map assets
    • 1 Battle map of Noble villas (more to come)
    • 3 Fantasy Ground Decals
    Last edited by jrh18; December 24th, 2018 at 17:47. Reason: Updating the product description

Blog Entries
    You may want to mark it as a VTT upload in their system as right now I think it just says zip file and will not easily show up in searches.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thanks. It was marked in the VTT format in the search categories, but I didn't see the mod file format listed in the file upload area originally. I have changed it now to show as a .mod file. Appreciate you pointing this out to me. Hopefully it will improve the search

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrh18 View Post
    I finally got around to publishing a Waterdeep Module on DMs Guild (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/262...Grounds-Module).

Bought!

Looking forward to diving in. Very excited for this and for you. Will post a review as soon as I get through it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information