DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCar_1 View Post
    I've been working on translating source material from Volo's guide and some of the FR1 and other early Waterdeep material into a Fantasy Grounds campaign:
    Unfortunately, because my source is copyrighted, I don't believe I'll be able to distribute it.
    As Myrdin says, if you find a map you can distribute, everything else can be shared through the license granted with the DMsGuild.

If you find a map you can use, and have questions of how to get a module together for sale on the DMsGuild, just ask, many of us are familiar with the process.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCar_1 View Post
    I've been working on translating source material from Volo's guide and some of the FR1 and other early Waterdeep material into a Fantasy Grounds campaign:

Attachment 21820

Unfortunately, because my source is copyrighted, I don't believe I'll be able to distribute it.
    That's very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    I have - I own two copies. Its a fully coloured map across 12 A0-sized posters. I've got one copy with the 12 posters laminated and put together in a (home-made) frame that covers practically one entire wall of my gaming room (when its not in storage), while the other is in near-pristine condition in its original box.
    I have the same thing, but ive yet to figure out how to put them together/mount them! What was your solution for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigon View Post
    I have the same thing, but ive yet to figure out how to put them together/mount them! What was your solution for this?
    I laminated each individual poster separately and specified a 10mm "edge" on the laminate all around. I then got some Blu-Tack and a large, flat space to match up each poster with its neighbour, working from the harbour back. Once it had things aligned (and overlapped) correctly I ran a strip of "Invisible Tape" down each seam. I then flipped the entire map over, removed the Blu-Tack and taped all the seams on the other side. Once that was done I took four long 0.5" by 1" "skirting strips" - cut them the same length (slightly longer than the longest edge of the map) and drilled 5 holes in each - at each end, in the centre, and at the 1/4 and 3/4 mark. Using bolts with butterfly nuts, I clamped the strips together in two sets of two. I then placed one set of strips over one of the long edges of the map and clamped the map between the two strips. Repeat on the other edge. Then I screwed in to one of the strips a couple of eye-hooks and ran some twine between them, then simply hung the resulting edifice up on the wall. The weight of the strips along the bottom was enough to hold things straight, the top strips hold everything "spread out" properly, and the laminated posters and "Invisible Tape" are strong enough to not rip and hold everything together - plus, I can roll the whole thing up like a carpet for storage.

Make sense?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I know that this thread is a little bit old and not sure if anyone cares anymore but, I came across something that might be of interest.

This is the page the map is on:
    https://www.padnd.com/forums/viewtop...847&view=print

This is the map itself:
    https://www.candlekeep.com/downloads/ez_waterdeep.zip
    Last edited by MenzelG; March 30th, 2018 at 06:05. Reason: Added more information

Blog Entries
    I know their is an author putting together a Waterdeep set of products for the DMsGuild. We've talked some about coordinating with my Undermountain modules. So hopefully in the next few months we'll have the city and the megadungeon available in FG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That would be awesome! I've been sitting here contemplating doing something with Waterdeep myself but, I'm more than willing to support someone else doing it!!

Wait. The map is at Candlekeep? I'm a member of the Candlekeep forums and I've yet to see a downloads folder!!

The map that Mad_Car_1 put all the pins in is the Waterdeep map that you can use as free stock art in DMs Guild. So you should consider posting that to DMs guild. Being the aspiring author that
    LordEntrails mentioned I am definitely working on materials for updating Waterdeep to 5e and adding my own flare to it. I have been running a campaign set in Waterdeep for about 6 months now. I got sidetracked building a npcs creator that generates an npc like you would a PC and creates a stats block.

My plan for Waterdeep and DmsGuild is to create a framework for Waterdeep and then release smaller documents about various aspects of the city as additional information. Then eventually create a full Waterdeep FG module and bundle of all the documents. This way if Mad_Car_1 published his map to DMS guild you could use that if you wanted, or the one I created that is updated for 5e and SWAG. There is also a product on DMS guild that is about the City watch for 5e. It is really well done.

Let me know if there are areas of the city you would like expanded on. My initial focus will be on the noble families. I published an excel version of the old web enhancement for the nobles of Waterdeep pdf (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/238...f&test_epoch=0). I also expanded it a little to show what type of lifestyle each family is currently funded for. I use this to help determine which families feud with which other families, and which may have fallen from grace or risen.

The stuff I plan to put up in the future will have a price on it, not sure how much yet, but it shouldn't be too expansive. I have to pay off the laptop I bought to run FG on .
    Last edited by jrh18; April 2nd, 2018 at 20:25.

DMs Guild Products: Waterdeep primer, Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module
    Current GM Games: DnD 5E Forgotten Realms, DnD 5E Tal'Dorei
    Current Projects: Waterdeep Battlemaps
    Systems of Interest: DnD 5E, 7th Sea
    Random Musing: https://www.jasonhardin.com

Thread Information