Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

In the ProFantasy map Library you can find a Sword Coast map. Some maps from the FR Atlas and some that didn't get into it and the 3 update/patch files for it are in it as well. The updates fixed/updated maps and added over 300 more ones to the Atlas.

Some other keyed D&D maps were done for the AD&D Core rules 2.0 & Expansion software. They had among the official free downloads a city, not Waterdeep, that was detailed fully along with a download of custom character portraits and a portrait maker program. The city/area around was going to have another update of stuff that never got released. The character portraits will work in FG and the AD&D2e ruleset thread has some info on export stuff from the Core 2.0 rules to a FG .mod. A bunch of fan made and keyed stuff was done. So you may find a fan version of some stuff for Waterdeep and other FR locations done that you can export into a .mod for the 2e russet which may be of help.

There are some very good quality waterdeep map images out there if you google for them. A simple Google on "waterdeep", select images and then tools and select size greater than 4 MP.

https://oakthorne.net/wiki/images/Map-waterdeep.jpg
    https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2818/...8b0b4742_o.jpg
    https://www.rpgcrossing.com/attachme...8&d=1200124857
    https://i.redd.it/m62d16fso7ry.jpg
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

A few basic tips for some users who may not be familiar with Google advanced searches.....

The trick in finding good quality maps after the "image" seach on google is to select the "Tools" option below the magnifying glass and then select a size option appropriate to the image you are looking for. I tend to use the "Larger Than" option and then select 2 MP (or sometimes greater). If there is a good quality map you should find it easier.

Dont forget if you float over the retrieved image it will give you an indication of the image sixe in pixels as well.

If it takes you into the submenu with related images, make sure you you click the "View Image" button to get the true image and its URL to save from.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    A few basic tips for some users who may not be familiar with Google advanced searches.....

The trick in finding good quality maps after the "image" seach on google is to select the "Tools" option below the magnifying glass and then select a size option appropriate to the image you are looking for. I tend to use the "Larger Than" option and then select 2 MP (or sometimes greater). If there is a good quality map you should find it easier.
    I had no idea the "tools" options changed based on the tab (Images) you were using. Thanks for the tip!
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    These images are fine for personal use, but if you want to be able to share, you need an image that is clearly in the public domain or one that comes with the right permissions,
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    The best sourcebook I have seen for Waterdeep is "City of Splendors: Waterdeep", it has some of the shared maps with names of hundreds of building, the map of the sewers, monsters, magical items, and more. Saddly its not in a mod for FG but it very interesting read to anyone planning a campaign in Waterdeep.

I've been working on translating source material from Volo's guide and some of the FR1 and other early Waterdeep material into a Fantasy Grounds campaign:

waterdeep-FG.png

Unfortunately, because my source is copyrighted, I don't believe I'll be able to distribute it.

Blog Entries
    You should look at the DMs Guild. The real restrictions there are artwork. If you use the WoTC maps, then there might be issues. You probably are within their creative desire to transform their source material into a more full fledged map and there are maps that allow distribution as well.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCar_1 View Post
    I've been working on translating source material from Volo's guide and some of the FR1 and other early Waterdeep material into a Fantasy Grounds campaign:

waterdeep-FG.png

Unfortunately, because my source is copyrighted, I don't believe I'll be able to distribute it.
    That looks similar to my FG version of Yggsburgh I've been working on.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information