STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

City of Waterdeep map with all locations

Hail and well met friends and foes alike!

I'm posting today not as Jonathan the publisher of AAW Games but as Jonathan the DM who is currently running a campaign for D&D 5E via FG set in the Forgotten Realms. I'm curious if anyone has created a .mod with the map of Waterdeep and all locations pinned/detailed. I know this would be a huge undertaking and frankly something I don't have the hours in the day to create but if you know of or have created such a map I would be eternally grateful as it would save us a lot of time during our sessions.

Thank you for humoring my inquiry, have a great weekend.

-Jonathan G. Nelson

Ah, that's true. It's a shame that WotC doesn't release some more detailed setting books for FG 5E.

Blog Entries
    I don't know of any FG mods. But even outside of FG I've never seen a fully detailed map of Waterdeep. The Forgotten REalms Interactive Atlas had a crude city map with some locations detailed and even hotlinked with detailed maps. I think that's the most detailed map I've ever seen. You might find more info on the Profantasy forums (though again that wouldn't be an FG mod).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It's a shame. WotC or DMsGuild needs to get some Fantasy Grounds FR setting material out there for DMs. It's nice WotC is producing adventures but there's nothing setting related and that means it doesn't get converted to Fantasy Grounds which in turn means you're digging through old books anytime the PCs move around FR.

Blog Entries
    What I would really love to see is the Sword Coast done in FG using the DOE Locations extension. Maps, links, stores and location details... oh, ten times better than the FRIA ever was.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    ...I've never seen a fully detailed map of Waterdeep...
    I have - I own two copies. Its a fully coloured map across 12 A0-sized posters. I've got one copy with the 12 posters laminated and put together in a (home-made) frame that covers practically one entire wall of my gaming room (when its not in storage), while the other is in near-pristine condition in its original box.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    You could do this and release in DMs Guild. There actually is a Sword Coast detailed map set with a commercial license that recently came out and there is a ton of info on waterdeep (at least the old one) available. I have not seen if there is a waterdeep map in the map pack, though.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/213...liate_id=22954

That link has a detailed city map that could be used in other products. So if you wanted to make a FG keyed map, you could use this one and then make available on DMs Guild.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys.

Thread Information