DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New FG user with questions

Hello folks

I'm pondering buying a full utitmate edition for myself, as a GM, but I have questions of sort.

1 / If I do buy the ultimate package, AND said a Rolemaster package add, would any of my players able to play my campaign if they only own the basic FG app ?
    Would they need to buy at least the Rolemaster add or not ?

2/ Say I get the RMC add for a campaign, would I be able to modify it easily to make it fit with another Rolemaster System like from RMC to RMSS ?

Thanks in advance

Syssiah

Blog Entries
    Welcome Syssiah

If you have an Ultimate Edition + Other System/Adventure, your players need not buy anything. If you have Standard + Other System/Adventure your players will need a Standard license too.
    It can be modified... but it requires some skill in programming - however there is an existing extension for FRP you should checkout.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-FRP-Extension

Hi Syssiah welcome to FG and to the community

1) Players only ever need the demo version if you own the Ultimate one. They don't need to bu anything else in order to play.
    2) I can't answer this one properly since I'm not familiar with this system.

Edit: Ninja'd by an Aussie this time
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi Syssiah, and Welcome! to the Community,

To answer your qurstions:
    1. Yes, your Players can use the stuff the GM purchases (provided the GM indicates in the program that this is OK) - they don't need to buy their own. without their own, however, they will only be able to access the info while connected to the GM.
    2. I'm not familiar with RM as a whole, but modifying Rulesets (that's what you are asking about) can be simple through to quite complex, depending upon the changes desired.

In addition, if you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few - and a Shameless™ Self Plug).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

Edit: Ninja'd by an Aussie AND a Scotsman
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thanks all three for those answers and help

I have to read alot to decide myself, but I'm motivated to do so.

Last edited by Syssiah; October 26th, 2017 at 12:49. Reason: Eats ninjas at breakfast :p

Blog Entries
    For what it's worth FG makes running Rolemaster a breeze.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information