DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Out of focus and blurry

So, with the latest patch, I've noticed this issue, depending on which window my mouse is over, there are some out of focus. I have tried multiple drivers, even going back so far as 6 months ago, same issue, so it appears to be with Fantasy Grounds.

https://www.holofaction.com/screens/Screenshot_145.png

https://www.holofaction.com/screens/Screenshot_146.png

https://www.holofaction.com/screens/Screenshot_147.png
    Last edited by JeffKnight; October 26th, 2017 at 06:05.
    Classic & Unity Ultimate License
    Timezone: US Central Time [CST = GMT-6/CDT = GMT-5]

Blog Entries
    Mac? Windows? What version?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Mac? Windows? What version?
    Judging by the screenshots, it appears to be Windows 10, Fantasy Grounds 3.3.3. When you say it depends on which screen your mouse is over, could you give an example? I'm inferring from your post that you are using multiple monitors and that when you move your mouse to from one screen to another, Fantasy Grounds goes fuzzy? Am I reading that correctly, the visual fidelity changes while Fantasy Grounds is open? Are both monitors the same resolution? What's the video hardware?

It seems unlikely that Fantasy Grounds is the culprit. With the exception of the dice, Fantasy Grounds doesn't rely on DirectX for drawing, but rather blits pixels directly to the screen. (Full disclosure: I spend little to no time in the current Fantasy Grounds code. John would have more informed insight.)

yep, Win 10 and 3.3.3

No to multiple monitors - it is happening on both my desktop and laptop

Here is a video of the issue, 1 monitor - it happens in both maximized and regular sized windows
    https://youtu.be/1h1lUX4fAus
    Last edited by JeffKnight; October 26th, 2017 at 17:12.

From the start up screen go to the "Settings" window and make sure "Cross Platform compatibility mode for Linux and Mac" is not selected.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Hmm. Looking at the last screenshot again, it looks like the desktop image (the map behind the launcher window) is rendering properly. The window blurs from sharp on the right to blurry on the left. On the buttons on the left, portions of the graphics are not blurry—specifically the top left and right middle frames. Very peculiar. The license label on the right, "Ultimate 3.3.3" is also blurry.

I could be wrong about the use of DirectX in FG rendering (my time is all spent in FGU rendering). It's definitely peculiar.

When you say that happens on both your desktop and laptop, these are separate installs on separate computers? What's the graphics hardware on those two computers?

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Hmm. Looking at the last screenshot again, it looks like the desktop image (the map behind the launcher window) is rendering properly. The window blurs from sharp on the right to blurry on the left. On the buttons on the left, portions of the graphics are not blurry—specifically the top left and right middle frames. Very peculiar. The license label on the right, "Ultimate 3.3.3" is also blurry.

I could be wrong about the use of DirectX in FG rendering (my time is all spent in FGU rendering). It's definitely peculiar.

When you say that happens on both your desktop and laptop, these are separate installs on separate computers? What's the graphics hardware on those two computers?
    Desktop is Windows 10 with a GTX 770, laptop has a GTX 960m

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    From the start up screen go to the "Settings" window and make sure "Cross Platform compatibility mode for Linux and Mac" is not selected.
    Oddly enough, it wasn't selected, but the problem went away when I checked it, then back when I unchecked it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffKnight View Post
    Oddly enough, it wasn't selected, but the problem went away when I checked it, then back when I unchecked it.
    Checking forces a re-draw of the screen, which is usually only needed on non-Windows platform. If this fixes your issue then go with it. There will be a small CPU overhead using this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information