STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 25 First ... 789101119 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Blog Entries
    And here is another issue, in the spell list for the spell casting, it repeats the level and #1 slots in the spell list:

WILD MAGE
    Medium humanoid (any race), any non-lawful alignment
    Armor Class 11 (14 with mage armor)
    Hit Points 49 (9d8+9)
    Speed 30 ft.
    STR
    DEX
    CON
    INT
    WIS
    CHA
    11 (+0)
    12 (+1)
    12 (+1)
    13 (+1)
    9 (-1)
    17 (+3)
    Saving Throws Con +4, Cha +6
    Skills Insight +2, Intimidation +6, Perception +2
    Senses passive Perception 12
    Languages Any two languages
    Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
    Wild Magic. When the wild mage casts a spell of 1st level or higher, roll a D20. A 1 triggers an effect on the Wild Magic Surge table.
    Sorcery Points. The wild mage has 9 sorcery points it can use to empower metamagic effects or exchange for spell slots. To gain a spell slot, the wild mage uses a bonus action to expend 2 sorcery points for a 1st-level spell, or slot level + 2 sorcery points for a 2nd-level spell or higher. To gain additional sorcery points, the wild mage uses a bonus action to expend a spell slot and gains additional sorcery points equal to that spell’s level. Sorcery points are regained when the wild mage finishes a long rest.
    Quickened Spell. The wild mage expends 2 sorcery points to cast a spell with a casting time of 1 action as a bonus action.
    Twinned Spell. The wild mage expends a number of sorcery points equal to the spell’s level (1 for a cantrip) to target a second creature with a spell that targets a single creature.
    Spellcasting. The wild mage is a 9th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 14, +6 to hit). The wild mage knows the following sorcerer spells:
    Cantrips (at will): blade ward, fire bolt, light, prestidigitation, shocking grasp
    1st level (4 slots): chromatic orb, mage armor, magic missile
    2nd level (3 slots): misty step, scorching ray
    3rd level (3 slots): counterspell, lightning bolt
    4th level (3 slots): wall of fire
    5th level (1 slot): wall of stone
    ACTIONS
    Quarterstaff. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) or 4 (1d8) bludgeoning damage.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    And it looks like every time I save something with a spell list, it repeats the level and slot in the spells section of the tab and in the parsed text as well.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Heya

oooh that Diabolist is (can't help myself) devilishly difficult!

There are four things I see here from the two casters:
    • For the Diabolist, putting a period at the end of the last of his spells will sort out the 'traits' issue. The period and linebreak that follow are the only way to tag a new trait starting (that I have found). Without the period, it sees the linebreak as something added by the PDF format and strips it.
    • Again, for the Diabolist - I can't make the spells display in a list the way they look in the input text. You'll have to change them to a comma-separated list (spell a, spell b, spell c), or cut and paste them to the description box. The traits, as mentioned above, are the hardest section to differentiate. I'm sorry about this.
    • For both: Spells appearing at the wrong level is a bug. I'll get on to that this evening. I remember meeting the same issue with innate casting and it wasn't a nightmare to fix.
    • For both: The repeated text will go away in the next update (later tonight) - that was the bug I found earlier.

Sorry that these issues will cause you extra work to get around or redo with the new version.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Blog Entries
    Considering the vast sums of money you are paid for this project, I am flabbergasted at the fact there are bugs!

Oh, wait, this is a labour of love and it is super awesome already. :-D

I just figure not enough testing and use and examples so you can work through the edge cases, which is why I am reporting and giving you examples. Otherwise most are trivial to fix inside FG and the small extra time is tiny compared to the time savings already.

This program is getting really good. Great improvements!

Hey, thank you!

You're right. I am deplorable at testing - I work with the same few files and when they pass, I figure things are grand. I'm an optimist! So reports back on things that trip the program up are ... I hesitate to use the word welcome, but you'll appreciate where I am coming from So yes, please keep flagging up the edge cases. Posting the text with the issue is the quickest way for me to solve it too, so all is good.

I hate there being issues, though, which is why I always try to respond promptly and explain if there's something that I can't fix easily.

I have been working on updates to weapon attacks today for 8 hours or so and I am sick of them.
    With any luck this will be the last I have to look at them though, and the flexibility offered by the improvements will be worth it.

Soon (TM) I'll get on to some other area of parsing. But this deserves to be as close to perfect as I can make it first.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

OK, I have quite a big update to share tonight, and it has some new stuff, some updated stuff, and some fixed stuff. I was tired when I got to the end so I am not going to share this version on the front page of this post yet - please grab it from the website. If it survives being used, I'll put it up on the front page.

NEW: Added 'cold-forged iron' as a weapon material throughout - in damage resistances, damage immunities, and in weapon attack damage type.
    NEW: Added an 'other text' box to weapon attacks to allow for complex attacks such as a werewolf's bite.
    NEW: Added 'silver', 'adamantine' and 'cold-forged iron' as weapon properties for weapon attacks.

UPDATED: Changed the match text for spell 'to hit' to ensure a more reliable match.
    UPDATED: Changed the match text for deciding if a trait or action text is a new trait/action or a follow-on paragraph. Text in brackets is now ignored for this purpose.
    UPDATED: Import now looks for all the weapon attack information added to the program.

FIXED: Problem with creatures with 2 tags (such as werewolf).
    FIXED: Problem with colons in spells.
    FIXED: Weapons with damage in the form (2d8) can now be edited properly.
    FIXED: Spells should display at the right level when imported now.

Hopefully this will be full functionality for weapon attacks now. I certainly hope to never have to work on them again Who knew that I'd need to work on so many different subsystems to add cold-forged iron & fully implement silver & adamantine? Doug, and/or other devs, if you guys read this stuff..... if anyone ever asks you to add another damage type (like cold-forged iron or adamantine) - even if it is WotC - tell them Steph said NO! (oh, and I'll never bother a developer about adding features again after today's 'fun'!)

Cheers folks

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Hey Maasq,

Great work. Wanted to let you know that link on your website actually downloads 0.9.7g and not i.

Mythik

Quote Originally Posted by mythikwolf View Post
    Hey Maasq,

Great work. Wanted to let you know that link on your website actually downloads 0.9.7g and not i.

Mythik
    Thank you, Mythik. It was a weird caching issue - I deleted the link and remade it, and it is now serving up the correct zip file!
    Cheers for pointing it out.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

I've set up a Discord server for people to chat (text usually, voice if you prefer) about issues, suggestions or whatever to do with NPC Engineer. You can join the channel by clicking here.

See you there

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information