DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 25 First ... 67891018 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    New release today - 0.9.7g. Download from the website or from the first post in this thread. There are quite a few new features added, and some updates. Try it out! Read the changelog or Manual for information on what is new.

Laerun - you should be happier with what it does now. I'll add an input translator for that PDF this week too.
    Hawkwind - try this version and see if it changes anything for you.

On another note - I got my first donation through the website this week, and it felt brilliant!

Maasq
    That is great Maasq! I am really happy with your progress, keep going...! I made my first donation as well! I started a 'new' Bestiary and I have not had issues yet...!

Laerun
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Blog Entries
    Not picking up the spell to hit modifier in this (and all other blocks in this PDF):

Spellcasting. The adept is a 5th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 13, +3 to hit). The adept has the following wizard spells prepared:
    Cantrips (at will): fire bolt, light, mage hand, prestidigitation
    1st level (4 slots): detect magic, mage armor, magic missile
    2nd level (3 slots): invisibility, misty step, suggestion
    3rd level (2 slots): counterspell, lightning bolt
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Can I see the source or Clipboard paste?
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    I pasted it right in the post. I will do the whole one here:

ADEPT
    Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
    Armor Class 11 (14 with mage armor)
    Hit Points 22 (5d8)
    Speed 30 ft.
    STR
    DEX
    CON
    INT
    WIS
    CHA
    9 (-1)
    13 (+1)
    11 (+0)
    16 (+3)
    12 (+1)
    10 (+0)
    Saving Throws Int +5, Wis +3
    Skills Arcana +5, History +5
    Senses passive Perception 11
    Languages any four languages
    Challenge 2 (450 XP)
    Spellcasting. The adept is a 5th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 13, +3 to hit). The adept has the following wizard spells prepared:
    Cantrips (at will): fire bolt, light, mage hand, prestidigitation
    1st level (4 slots): detect magic, mage armor, magic missile
    2nd level (3 slots): invisibility, misty step, suggestion
    3rd level (2 slots): counterspell, lightning bolt
    ACTIONS
    Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d4+1) piercing damage.
    No longer mere students of magic, adepts are well on their way to the mage’s true mastery of the arcane arts. Most serious practitioners of wizardry encountered in the world are likely to fit this mold, perhaps with small variations in their lists of spells known. Like other types of spellcasters, they might be solitary practitioners, or members of magical guilds or cabals that share—and quite possibly hoard—power and knowledge.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Okay, the stats will not work, the Stat block needs to be edited a bit, when you paste in the data, highlight the entire blob of text, do CTRL+J. Also, remove the any statements. The main culprit is the way it is copied and pasted into the clipboard. If that does not help, also paste into a text editor and fix or place the actual stats like they are in the PHB.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    The stats work fine when I cut and paste it. As a matter of fact, almost everything works fine except for the spell to hit modifier in the spell casting block. I discussed the stats 2-3 pages up in this thread and the program was modified.

There are occasional errors in traits based the spacing, but I can adjust for that.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; November 30th, 2017 at 07:01.

Try to remove the statement of 'the adept has the following spells prepared.'
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Hi Myrdin

As with many of the problems you will encounter, the source is slightly off in its presentation compared to WotC stuff. (spell save DC 13, +3 to hit) is usually written (spell save DC 13, +3 to hit with spell attacks) and this is what I check for. I will have a look at shortening it to just '+d to hit' just now - obviously this is trivial to do but I need to make sure there wasn't a reason I went for the longer phrase in the first place!

Laerun, 'The adept has the following wizard spells prepared:' needs to be there - it lets FG know which spell school to check. I think. I certainly make use of it in the parsing. The 'any race' and 'any alignment' are allowed for - anything at all in these positions will show up in the 'tag' and 'alignment' boxes as they are flavour rather than rule text. From a game point of view, I guess it would be better to change them once imported for your game, as the NPC will be of a particular race and alignment. Also that style of statblock is allowed for in NPC Engineer - not counting the madness that the input translators deal with, there are 6 different styles of statblock automatically recognised.

Actually, this whole thing might have been simplified in a recent update. I will check.

Anyway, Myrdin, look for a minor update later to correct for this - it doesn't appear to clash with anything.
    **EDIT** I found another bug whilst doing this, so thanks

Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; November 30th, 2017 at 10:54.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Blog Entries
    The only thing not automatically being picked up in the spell block is the spell to hit modifier, and it is short hand compared to pure WoTC style. I know you are pattern matching, and the more “wild cases” you see, the more you can fine tune it, which is why I am mentioning it.

Laerun - I can just add the spell to hit modifier with one character instead of rewriting the source material which is many characters.

Blog Entries
    Here is an example stat block that the program had issues with the traits section. Also, the spell slot is populated at level 1:

DIABOLIST
    Medium humanoid (any race), any non-good alignment
    Armor Class 11 (14 with mage armor)
    Hit Points 27 (5d8+5)
    Speed 30 ft.
    STR
    DEX
    CON
    INT
    WIS
    CHA
    9 (-1)
    13 (+1)
    12 (+1)
    14 (+2)
    8 (-1)
    16 (+3)
    Saving Throws Cha +5
    Skills Arcana +4, Deception +5, Persuasion +5, Religion +4
    Senses passive Perception 9
    Languages Any three languages
    Challenge 2 (450 XP)
    Pact of the Tome. Part of the diabolist’s power is bound into a magical tome called a Book of Shadows. While the diabolist’s Book of Shadows is on its person, it can cast the following cantrips at will:
    fire bolt
    guidance
    thaumaturgy
    In addition, the Book of Shadows contains the following spells that the diabolist can cast as rituals:
    augury
    identify
    find familiar
    phantom steed
    unseen servant
    Eldritch Invocations. Once per long rest, the diabolist can use a spell slot to cast bestow curse. In addition, the diabolist can cast mage armor on itself at will, without using a spell slot and without material components.
    Spellcasting. The diabolist is a 5th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit). The diabolist casts all of its non-cantrip spells using 3rd-level spell slots, and recovers all of its used slots after a short or long rest. It knows the following warlock spells:
    Cantrips (at will): chill touch, minor illusion, prestidigitation
    3rd level (2 slots): burning hands, charm person, command, enthrall, hellish rebuke, hex
    ACTIONS
    Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d4 + 1) piercing damage.

Thread Information