DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 25 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Mr.Aljabry never got back to me; has anyone else found his issue?
    I tried opening the module on FG but it gives me an error 237 reading end tag

Having added an editable json file for weapons, are there any other areas of NPC creation that'd benefit from the same thing? Are enough traits / actions / reactions shared among NPCs to make this useful in those areas, for example?

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

I agree, this is really great Maasq! I have done my Bestiary for a custom game in about 1/4 of the time to do this long-handed within FG>! FGC is waiting to hear more about this amazing software tool!
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post

Having added an editable json file for weapons, are there any other areas of NPC creation that'd benefit from the same thing? Are enough traits / actions / reactions shared among NPCs to make this useful in those areas, for example?

Maasq
    I have not ran into any weird issues, other than the one where some of the previous NPC's stuff is still there, left over. Sometimes the sources are not good, so it splits some of the actions incorrectly, but other than that it is very good for me!
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post

Maasq
    Would it be difficult to add the Traits, etc for a small background area?
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

What do you mean by "for a small background area?"
    It shouldn't be a lot of work to add a storage object for a list of traits; there are things to be overcome but that's ok!
    I'm thinking you might be meaning something else though.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

You are correct, just a small header and space for it. Technically, this can already be achieved in your nice new text formatting description area! I am confused what the weapon JSon file was for?

There's a whole tab for 'traits' already. Each has a header and a space for the traits text. You shouldn't be putting them in the Description tab as that would put them onto the 'other' tab in FG itself.

In the actions tab, you can add weapon actions. Let's say shortsword. Rather than add all the info for shortsword for each new NPC, you can add it once in the weapons.json file then just select it from a dropdown.

There are 4 Gaelic weapons in there already - add one as a weapon action to see what I mean.

Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; November 13th, 2017 at 15:58.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Sometimes, if an action is a longer entry and due to source formatting, the action will be split into two or three sections. Not sure if You can do anything about this, but it happens about 1/3 of the time for me. Easy enough to edit and fix though, now that you have included this edit feature.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

I'll try to catch you on Discord later and you can show me a source that does this. I'll nail it down somehow!
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information