5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 25 First 1234513 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

double post...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PTBBC.ORG; October 29th, 2017 at 17:36.

Ok, I just downloaded this because it sounds amazing! But when I try to run it, I get this error.

NPC Engineer.PNG

I have re-downloaded and re-extracted. Same thing.

Hiya!

I'm hoping this is easily fixed. By the looks of things you have a dll file missing - I don't know whether this is because it got deleted, or was never installed. It is a Visual C++ dll, which at first struck me as odd as I don't work with C++, but then it struck me - the language I work in is written in C++.

A quick check on the web suggests this is a common thing though, fixed by reinstalling the Visual C runtimes. https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667 and choose the version that suits you.
    This post has other options too.

Hopefully this will help (and you'll probably need to restart Windows too!) Let me know how you get on.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Ok, I was able to get it to open. Thank you. Now to try and get the NPC's created.

Ok, WOW. Just messed around with it a bit and THIS... IS.... AMAZING. Even I could figure it out and use it quick and easily. I have a ton of NPC's to put in, but seriously, this is great work. If you plan on making this where everything can be par5ed this way. You will make my life super easy with FG. It will be so much easier to create a full self contained module. At least to me. I know a lot of others are able to do a lot of this other ways with ease, but this is perfect for me.

Thank you, thank you and thank you.
    Last edited by PTBBC.ORG; October 29th, 2017 at 22:51.

Quote Originally Posted by PTBBC.ORG View Post
    Ok, WOW. Just messed around with it a bit and THIS... IS.... AMAZING.
    You can stay
    Thank you so much for the positive feedback; it makes it all worthwhile. I'm busy trying to get a rich text module working and it is bursting my head; coming here and seeing this response to NPC Engineer means I'll go back to the Rich Text with renewed vigour.

As to the long term future of this...
    My first goal is to make sure that NPC Engineer is complete. There are 2 big things to enable - a proper text editor for the 'description' tab (hence the Rich Text pain!) and a more graphical right-hand panel - something that will mimic in a rough sense a statblock in the MM.
    After that, I'll be turning my attention to other modules - races, classes, and so on. I can't promise anything, obviously, but I will try to implement as much as my shaky skills allow.

Cheers!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Hello Maasq, so I have been trying this out and it works fairly well!
    Last edited by Laerun; November 2nd, 2017 at 05:35.

Hi Maasq,
    I read the above post that PTBBC.ORG was getting errors of missing DLL files running NPC Engineer. You mentioned your using C++ , If your using Visual C++ then set your project settings to "Use MFC in a static library" and it will include all the DLL needed for that executable. But I re read and you said your language isn't C++ but uses it .. so IDK..

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    Hi Maasq,
    I read the above post that PTBBC.ORG was getting errors of missing DLL files running NPC Engineer. You mentioned your using C++ , If your using Visual C++ then set your project settings to "Use MFC in a static library" and it will include all the DLL needed for that executable. But I re read and you said your language isn't C++ but uses it .. so IDK..
    Hiya

I programmed NPC Engineer in AutoHotKey, a surprisingly full-featured wee language that fitted my needs perfectly. I recently found out that it was written in C++, but I have no idea about anything beyond that statement. I didn't know AHK had dependencies (the dll) until now!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Blog Entries
    I can't wait for more (functionality)! This is AWESOME!
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Thank you Rob!
    The improved text entry should go live soon, maybe even tonight. It'll make a big difference to entering the descriptive stuff.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information