5E Character Create Playlist
Page 24 of 25 First ... 1422232425 Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Hello!

Here's a question I have...statting up a vampire that has a list of weaknesses listed under Vampire Weakness, as such:

Vampire Weaknesses. Grezell has the following flaws:
    Forbiddance. Grezell can’t enter a residence without an invitation from
    one of the occupants.
    Harmed by Running Water. Grezell takes 20 acid damage if he ends his
    turn in running water.
    Stake to the Heart. If a piercing weapon made of wood is driven into
    Grezell’s heart while he is incapacitated in his resting place, Grezell is
    paralyzed until the stake is removed.
    Sunlight Hypersensitivity. Grezell takes 20 radiant damage when he
    starts his turn in sunlight. While in sunlight, he has disadvantage on attack

When parsed with NPC Engineer, the weaknesses don't show up under the "Vampire Weakness" trait, but show up in alphabetical order mixed in with the other traits..is there a way that I can get these to parse correctly and show up under the Vampire Weakness trait?

EDIT: Figured out how to do it.
    Thanks,

GBFF
    Last edited by GunbunnyFuFu; August 1st, 2018 at 15:29.
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

Game in Progress: AD&D 2e - Against the Zhentarim

That's a problem I run into as well. How did you fix it?

I thought I had fixed it, however, in looking back at the character NPC file, I noted that my fix didn't fix it, so I'm back to square one with this problem and have to redo the Vampire NPCs...I'll continue to try some stuff.
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Try <li> before each of the subitems...that appears to work, although it results in a bullet point outside the box, and not under the text as you'd expect. See the following: list entry.JPG

I haven't used NPC ENgineer; but if you want to force a line break in a paragraph of text use /r. The text needs to be all on one line for this to work

I.e Text/rText/rText
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi guys. Sorry for the time taken to reply to this. I am finishing up building my new system and installing all the software today/tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be on this by the end of the week. I was thinking about it, and I'll take out sorting altogether and let people order traits whatever way they want (with the default being order of entry). This will sort out this sort of issue once and for all.

I had thought I was helping out by making things sort alphabetically within their groups, but it is probably the single biggest gripe people have with NPC Engineer. It's quite a hefty change but it will be a good challenge to get me eased back into working on it

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

I've noticed that some of my documents use "Armour" instead of "Armor" which seems to break the pattern matching. Is that something that can be accounted for?
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I've noticed that some of my documents use "Armour" instead of "Armor" which seems to break the pattern matching. Is that something that can be accounted for?
    Yes, of course. I'll look into that over the next day or two and have it in the next update, which will be this week sometime.
    The workaround is just to delete the 'u' in the import window for now.

The irony is that as a UK English speaker, I'd spell it with a 'u' and I had to retrain myself for official D&D stuff

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

New release!

Available, as ever, from the website, this addresses the issue that traits and actions had - the alphabetical sorting. I have fixed this, and I have included some buttons to allow you to rearrange the order of these.

Other big addition is the inclusion of support for the Non-ID field, allowing you to keep your monsters secret from your poor party until after they are rerolling their characters

Full changelog:
    v1.2.1
    NEW: Fantasy Grounds' Non-ID field is now supported. The box for this can be found on the 'description' tab, as it seemed to fit thematically with that tab and also to keep it off of the first tab so that it doesn't appear to be a required feature. If this field is left blank, NPCs will show up by their name in the combat table and on the map ('Orc' for example). If you fill in the 'Non-ID' field, this is what displays ('Blue skinned humanoid' for example).
    Each NPC has a little icon in the top bar of its stat sheet in Fantasy Grounds (just next to the lock icon) to allow you to ID or use the Non-ID field.

NEW: Some people asked if it was possible to have a visual reminder of whether the current NPC was in the current project or not.
    If The NPC is NOT in the current project, the project button at the bottom right of the screen says 'Add to Project' as normal.
    If the NPC IS in the current project, the button changes to read 'Update Project'.

UPDATED: I have changed how NPC Engineer stores Traits, Actions, Reactions, Legendary Actions and Lair Actions. These are no longer automatically alphabetically sorted - they are stored in the order they are entered. This was probably the most requested change to NPCE! Previously-saved NPCs won't be affected; their traits etc will retain the order they had when they were saved (alphabetically sorted, in other words).

NEW: To support the re-ordering of traits etc, each area where they are listed has a pair of 'up' and 'down' arrows for each item. Although this isn't as elegant as drag and drop, it IS within my programming skillset!

I noticed a couple of issues in this thread that I haven't addressed yet, and I apologise. I had a busy summer marking exams then building a new machine. I'm back on track though, and so I'll deal with these this week.

Cheers!
    Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Hi folks

I've posted a new version tonight (1.2.3 ; Aug 15th). A couple of people spotted a seemingly-innocuous bug, but it is actually quite nasty. I'd ****ed up some code, and traits couldn't be deleted. That's the innocuous part. However, the code was deleting actions instead, which is the nasty part.

I'm really sorry about that, folks. Check any NPCs you recently edited in case you inadvertently deleted an action or two.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information