5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 15 of 25 First ... 51314151617 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Hi folks.

A new update today, and it's a decent one. Lots of bug fixes or small updates, as usual, but I have switched to HTML for my viewport. For a couple of reasons, I decided to stick with the single-window version. The 2-pane version didn't solve the issue I hoped it would and it added a lot of code overhead.

Back to the HTML viewport. It's pretty. Go download v0.9.60 from the website (yeah, big number... I commit often!) and play about with the description tab. See how frame text and spells look in the viewport.

Many bugs were fixed, including the italics issue reported on another thread. Strangely, the language/languages one isn't fixed, as a search for language has false positives in the text - making it hard to find the languages section. I decided to leave it alone.

Enjoy folks

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

I don't know if this has already been posted about, but I'm having problem with parsing "Innate Spellcasting". It will list the ability and the stat and DC, but any of the listed powers: At Will, 1/day, 2/day,etc.. get moved and added on to the last trait before Innate Spellcasting.

I've played around with the formatting and punctuation, but can't find a fix for this other then just deleting that section and entering it manually in the Innate Spellcasting Tab.

Hi Uraence.
    Can you give me some more details?

• Is this information you are typing in, or information from the 'import' function? It seems that it is imported, but I wanted to check.
    • When you say 'parsing', do you mean the issue is with the output to FG, or do you mean the interpreting of the information from the import window into NPCE?
    • What is the source?

It'll help me narrow down the set of functions I need to deal with if there's an issue. Often it is just a formatting issue from the source material though.

Cheers!

Maasq

EDIT: I just added a creature with innate spellcasting to my project from an old Par5e file I had lying around. It had no issues at all, and it parsed properly into FG. This means it is almost certainly a source material issue. Join me on Discord and you can show me the source; you can even screenshare if you prefer.

Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; January 29th, 2018 at 17:28.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

I used the term "parsing" incorrectly. It's the output from importing text.

It has to be the formatting of something I can't find. I tried a different source pdf and didn't have the same issue.

Sorry for the bother.

Oh, it's no bother at all!
    Join me on Discord anyway - I might be able to spot the issue with the source. I have a little experience of dodgy sources by now

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Seemingly having an issue with a custom spiders "Web" ability. For the action name I will call it "Webs (recharge 5, 6)" but it will remove the last ) and is displayed as "Web (recharge 5,6" it does the same thing for ] as well, but for some reason letters like a or b or c are unaffected, but are capitalized. This happens when I add it to the list of actions via the update button after filling out the information. Is there a way to just have a ranged attack be a to-hit with no damage rolling? such as in the case of webs, the hit effect is simply a restrained effect with a str athletics check to escape but it appeared to add a damage roll at 0d6 +0 when updated.

Hi Arthreas
    I think you may be using an older version. I fixed both of these issues recently - coincidentally in the same update (0.9.51). The latest version is 0.9.60.

If you are using 0.9.60 and you are still seeing these issues, let me know as it is definitely a bug.

Cheers!
    Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Awesome tool- thanks for bringing it to the community. Especially excited at the prospect of a Spell Engineer. I am a non-programmer, fairly computer literate, new fantasy grounds user. Went thru an imported a monster, added it to a project, but cannot seem to figure out how to turn that project into a module I can add to FG.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhitneyy2k View Post
    Awesome tool- thanks for bringing it to the community. Especially excited at the prospect of a Spell Engineer. I am a non-programmer, fairly computer literate, new fantasy grounds user. Went thru an imported a monster, added it to a project, but cannot seem to figure out how to turn that project into a module I can add to FG.
    Hiya, and thanks for the compliment!

To create a module, you click the 'Parse' link. It's called this for historical reasons, and now I think on it, 'create module' might be a better title going forward.
    Anyway.... look for the dragon head. There's one in the toolbar at the top, and another in the 'Options' menu. I think ctrl-p still works but it is ages since I coded the menu and I never use keyboard shortcuts!

A window should open, showing the operations it is going through. When it is done (less than 2 seconds for anything I have tried so far) you can open FG and add your new module as you would any other module.

I hope it all works perfectly - let us know how it goes.

Oh and welcome to the community!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Worked like a charm- thanks

Thread Information