5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 14 of 25 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Blog Entries
    Yeah don't lose heart... this is great work that helps a whole bunch of people.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Yeah don't lose heart... this is great work that helps a whole bunch of people.
    Agreed. I literally JUST found this app two days ago, and I already love it. I'm gonna donate too - how much are cups of coffee where you live Maasq?

Update: A good night's sleep helped. I have beaten harder than this in this journey; I'll beat this too. I've started looking at the file system from the bottom up. Thanks for the messages of support, it means a lot.

@theogeek - No idea; it is a turn of phrase Tempted to say $1000 though hahaha Anything is appreciated!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    Agreed. I literally JUST found this app two days ago, and I already love it. I'm gonna donate too - how much are cups of coffee where you live Maasq?
    They don't drink coffee where Maasq lives. But they do consume a fair bit of Irn Bru
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

How about the price of a nice Black & Tan?
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

A Jack Daniels and diet pepsi, no ice
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Keep going on. You'll beat it.
    Your work is great
    Last edited by Thegroo; January 25th, 2018 at 01:49. Reason: Spelling. Had an ale too much

Hey folks!

Another update, this time with the file handling fixed (I hope). There are lots of other bug fixes too. Full changelog on the website, along with the latest version.

I am intending rolling 'Spell engineer' into NPC Engineer as a module. This will be my focus over the next few days, along with implementing a slightly different way of showing output - a 2 pane view. This will allow me some benefits - firstly, I can get my pretty HTML displayed in the program, and secondly I can use the same output window for each module. There are a couple of drawbacks (aren't there always) - the controls to minimise the application sit in the centre of the menu bar overall (see image - it is a mock up so ignore the blankness), and the status bar will get halved. I need to find a solution for the status bar problem.

Untitled2.png

Hopefully it isn't horrible, as the freedom it will allow me going forward makes a huge difference to me.

Cheers all

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Updated to the latest version and it works so much better! Some of the PDF's I used were not formatted well at all, and NPC Engineer still handled 95% of it correctly! Small things like not recognizing the difference between Language or Languages, sometimes spellcasting would format weird due to placements of . : + and what not. But all of that still made my life so much easier creating a whole .mod of NPC's. Thank you so much for continuing your work on this. Will try the spell option next. Can't wait for items and feats!

Quote Originally Posted by PTBBC.ORG View Post
    Updated to the latest version and it works so much better! Some of the PDF's I used were not formatted well at all, and NPC Engineer still handled 95% of it correctly! Small things like not recognizing the difference between Language or Languages, sometimes spellcasting would format weird due to placements of . : + and what not. But all of that still made my life so much easier creating a whole .mod of NPC's. Thank you so much for continuing your work on this. Will try the spell option next. Can't wait for items and feats!
    Thank you for the feedback! The 'language/languages' thing I will fix right now. The spellcasting formatting can be difficult - as you've found, different publishers are not as stringent about their style guide as WotC and the Smiteworks team. If there's anything that you see over and over, and would like an input translator for, grab me on Discord and I can run one up.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information