5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 18 of 25 First ... 81617181920 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    Ran in to a bug where I've imported text, laid everything out, but can't save the NPC ?
    None of the save settings are working - even to txt, html, etc...
    Have no idea how to recreate it.
    Never mind - if you have " " in the name, it won't save (like a nickname - in this case Maxine "Max" Osnette). Once I removed them from the Name and Description, it allowed me to save.
    I've fixed this. Previously the default save was the NPC's name, but quotes (and other illegal filesystem characters) would cause this to fail. Now the default filename offered up is the 'jpeg' name the same as how the NPC saves.... in your case, maxinemaxosnette.txt (or xml/html/rtf). Whilst this may not be perfect it was the simplest solution to an 'edge case' scenario

The 'Save NPC' button should not have had an issue, though, and doesn't on testing.

Hope this helps (and it'll be in the next release).

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

I have idea for a plug-in, copy-paste 4e monster stats and it converts them to 5e output.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGrim View Post
    I have idea for a plug-in, copy-paste 4e monster stats and it converts them to 5e output.
    Hiya BubbaGrim

I've been asked for a version for 3.5 conversion too. There are 2 issues that make it unlikely that I'll ever do either:

1. I don't feel at all competent in making decisions about transferring between editions. I never played 3.5 or 4, so I have no reference frame for them. Tied in to this is differences in the stat types themselves.

2. The biggie. I'd need to program for each possible source of any edition I was importing. a 4E beastie from a PDF vs a 4E beastie from a variety of websites would be very different in scanning terms. Essentially I'd need to recreate the input filters for 5E in 4E and 3.5E - that's a huge amount of work, all of which I might be making mistakes on as I have no reference points for these editions.

Sorry mate

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Are you looking at doing a magic item version of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Atua View Post
    Are you looking at doing a magic item version of this?
    Yes Atua - one day
    No timescale on it. Every time I try to start something new someone finds holes in my programming and I need to fix them (Yeah, getting it right first time would be better, but hey ho!)

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Hey folks

Quite a big update to NPC Engineer today. There's even a sneak preview of what Spell Engineer will look like, although almost nothing works yet - no bug reports for this part yet! As ever, updates on the website (www.masq.net).

Here's what has been added/polished/fixed:

• NEW: A menu option in the 'information' menu takes you to the changelog on the website to see what the recent updates are.
    • NEW: The 'description' field allows bulleted lists to be entered & parsed into FG.
    • NEW: A new import translator allows you to import Fantasy Grounds XML. THIS IS NOT AUTOMATED! You need to unzip the module and open the db.xml or common.xml, then find the creature you want to import. Select and copy all of its information. This will not take the description or graphics across; this is something you will have to do yourself. This might become an automated process in the future, but the work involved makes it unlikely. If you want it, start a kickstarter for it NOTE: THIS DOES NOT WORK ON PROTECTED PURCHASED MODULES! It is not a piracy aid.
    • NEW: A menu option on the 'File' menu allows you to copy the NPC onto the clipboard as BBCode.

• UPDATED: Blood theme added. It's not great; open to suggestions for improvements!
    • UPDATED: NPCE remembers your chosen theme for next time.
    • UPDATED: Par5e output works again - sorry for the disappearance! I have added tables, frames and bullets to its output as well. Remember that the public version of Par5e did not parse Lair Actions. This isn't NPCE's fault!

• FIXED: More XML issues caused by the description window fixed. This is likely to be a work-in-progress so don't hesitate to let me know of issues.
    • FIXED: Having quotes (or other illegal characters for filenames) in the NPC's name no longer renders it unsavable.
    • FIXED (after a fashion): When moving between tabs or adding anything to an NPC, the viewport reset to the top. This is a function of how HTML documents are displayed. I have implemented additions to my custom scroll routines that allow NPCE to instantly scroll back to where you were. The trade-offs for this are: (1) there is a noticable flicker and (2) slight delays when loading or resetting NPCs (fraction of a second). Neither of these are desirable but at the moment both are unavoidable. I'll explore other ways.

Enjoy!
    Maasq (sick to the back teeth of RTF. No, seriously... I hate it)
    Last edited by Maasq; February 16th, 2018 at 00:22.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Yes Atua - one day
    No timescale on it. Every time I try to start something new someone finds holes in my programming and I need to fix them (Yeah, getting it right first time would be better, but hey ho!)

Maasq
    Nice :-)

Hi folks

Another new version of NPC Engineer is on the website. There are a couple of fixes. Headline fixes: you can now do negative dice roll modifiers throughout (1d4 - 1 for example) and you can now choose which descriptive switches are on/off by default. Here are the rest of them:

v1.0.19
    NEW: YOu can now set default actions for the 4 switches in the 'description' tab: 'Add descriptive text', 'add title', 'add image link', and 'include spell list'. The otpion to do so is in the 'Settings' box (F11).

UPDATED: Fire theme added, Jungle and Blood themes tweaked.
    UPDATED: More spaces for traits on the editing screen, and new, more clear, icons.
    UPDATED: The 'Edit Reactions' window now has an 'Edit' button for each reaction, should it be needed.
    UPDATED: The 'Edit Reactions' window has a drop-down list that contains any actions entered in the actions.json.
    UPDATED: The 'Edit Legendary Actions' and 'Edit Lair Actions' windows now allow existing actions to be edited in place (down the left-hand side).
    UPDATED: The 'Edit Legendary Actions' and 'Edit Lair Actions' windows have a drop-down list that contains any actions entered in the actions.json.
    UPDATED: Hit point entry throughout the program can now have negative modifiers (1d6 - 1).
    UPDATED: Weapon attacks can now have negative modifiers.

FIXED: More XML issues caused by the description window fixed (yes, more!). This is likely to be a work-in-progress so don't hesitate to let me know of issues.
    FIXED: Various different quotes are replaced by " or ' to be compatible with FG.
    FIXED: A rare 'blank line' appeared in the RTF panel for importing text. Fixed, I believe.

Enjoy!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Unbale to Close "NPC Engineer Setting"

Maasq,

I'm starting to use the program, I went into NPC Engineer Settings (Options -> Settings) to look at the settings, when I clicked Cancel to close the window it stays open, the same thing happens when I click Accept, is this a bug or am I missing something.

Edit:

I found out what the problem is I'm using a 4k monitor (LG 27UD69P-W) with a GeForce GTX-1070 video card, when I have the setting window open on the 4k the buttons seem to be disabled, when I move the window to my non 4k monitor I can close the window normally.
    Last edited by KlatuB; March 17th, 2018 at 20:12. Reason: troubleshooting issue

Hiya

Sorry for the delay in replying. Do you have custom scaling on your 4K monitor (ie not 96 dpi?)
    This shouldn't affect buttons, although it clearly is. No other buttons are affected throughout the program?

I'll faff about with scaling on my own system to see if anything shows up. I'll report back soon!

Maasq

Edit: OK, changing scaling doesn't affect the buttons anywhere in NPC Engineer on my system, so I am at a loss to explain it just now. Are either the card or the monitor doing something outside of Windows to change scaling?
    Last edited by Maasq; March 18th, 2018 at 10:48.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information