DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 25 First ... 8910111220 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Hi folks

Another new version - mainly bug fixes, with a couple of small feature additions. This is version 0.9.7j. It is available from the NPC Engineer website or the first post on this thread. I'd urge anyone using the program to update to the newest version to iron out any faults.

For my next big feature addition, and probably heralding official release (1.0.0) status, I am working on an improved text box. Have a look at the screen below, and go read about it on the website. I am excited about this one; this makes the whole shebang complete. Or at least it will when I finish it this week sometime!

screenshot.jpg

I hope you all agree that this makes the program far more usable.

Cheers

maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

This is turning out to be quite the handy tool! So glad you got back into developing Maasq!
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Hey folks

Welcome to the release candidate! This is version 0.9.9 and it will become version 1.0 if nothing shows up to be bugged in the next week or so of testing
    The big addition is full graphical statblocks on both the main screen and the import screen. It makes the process more visually appealing, and more importantly makes it much easier to sport import issues.

If you haven't tried NPC Engineer yet, help a fellow out by downloading it and playing with it for 20 mins. If you HAVE tried it, grab this new version. I'm really excited to hear people's opinions about the eye-candy.

As ever, grab it from the website or the first post here.

Join me on the Discord channel for a chat if you wish too!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Going to test the new release as soon as possible.
    Thanks again for your great work

I really love this tool, but there is one thing I looked for and missed when I was building a new npc: the ability to re-order the actions. Let's say you want to add multiattack to your npc... it would be nice to be able to bump it up to the top item with a couple of clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    I really love this tool, but there is one thing I looked for and missed when I was building a new npc: the ability to re-order the actions. Let's say you want to add multiattack to your npc... it would be nice to be able to bump it up to the top item with a couple of clicks.
    Heya. I took the decision to order actions in a particular way to match up with the official materials. If the NPC has multiattack, it will always appear first in the Actions section. Next, the weapon attacks list in alphabetical order. Finally, other actions list in alphabetical order.

If there is a need for re-ordering actions beyond this, I'll look at adding it at a future date. Because of the way arrays sort in the language I use, this wouldn't be a trivial task; it'd impinge on GUI code as well. You might be able to tell I feel slightly sick at the thought

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

New update. This update fixes a couple of bugs, adds a new feature in that you can leave your module unlocked on creation, and tweaks a couple of import filters. In particular, the D&D Beyond one was changed. They finally realised that their website was the one place that the statblock wasn't being displayed in the usual format and changed it Their new format would parse perfectly with no filter except for user-introduced errors such as rogue spaces where I'd prefer them not to be from the point of view of text capture, so I left a filter in to catch these.

Did I mention the font? There's a font in the zip. Please install it, otherwise the statblock will look off.

Have fun folks. I have a couple of bugs to iron out this week, but feel free to let me know of others on Discord or here. Website link and Discord channel link in the signature

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

New update to NPC Engineer - we're on version 0.9.19 now. This version fixes a couple of long term bugs and adds a new feature. Download from the first post in this thread or from the website. The website will always have the latest version - sometimes I make small tweaks that don't seem worthwhile posting about here.

The new feature gives the ability to add terrain types and source mythology to your NPCs. This adds two further sorting options to FG's reference manual. Although not everyone will use this, it may prove very useful for some. It is unobtrusive, and is definitely not required to create an NPC. The image below shows an early version with just the 'terrain type' flag available:
    unknown.png

Can I just take this opportunity to thank those very generous folks who have donated via the website. It's a real boost, and it makes my kids think I am awesome! Thanks too to the Discord users for all their feedback and suggestions.

Merry Christmas folks. Have a wild/joyous/peaceful time as you see fit. You have my permission

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Blog Entries
    It was suggested elsewhere by Lord Entrails... would it be possible to build in the capability to import data from Roll20 into FG format?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    It was suggested elsewhere by Lord Entrails... would it be possible to build in the capability to import data from Roll20 into FG format?
    Hey John. Thanks for drawing attention to this. I have been busy playing laser tag with my kids and making turkey curry, turkey soup, etc so I missed the thread
    I think making a translator for it is a great idea, and I'll get on to it tomorrow. It doesn't look too difficult, but we'll see.

If there are any other systems like that (and that have export functions) please feel free to point them out. The more useful NPC Engineer is, the better - especially if it helps draw people to the table.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information