5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 7 of 25 First ... 5678917 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Hey Myrdin

Although it looks fairly standard, it hasn't been my experience of copying from pdf up to now. There are so many different ways that copying from a pdf happens that I initially despaired at ever getting NPC Engineer working at all! Luckily it narrowed down to a few groups in the pdfs I had access to, but as I say, this format hadn't shown up before.

I'm working on incorporating it just now. The easiest way would be to add an input filter, but I'm keen to wrap all pdf functions into the base filter. However if this causes issues with other pdf captures I might have to revisit and make it an input filter. I'll post an update in a while when I have it working.

Laerun, you were absolutely spot on. Most pdf formats had the value for strength immediately after 'STR'

As an aside - thanks for posting the cut-and-paste text, Myrdin. It made it so much easier to track the issue and fix it!

Maasq
    This was a similar type of issue that I was getting as well... I see that you are working on it, so no need to re-invent the wheel! Keep up the good work!
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    New version released - link to the website in my sig, or files available in the first post of this thread.

This one contains lots of updates, including what I hope to be a fix for the \langxxxx thing. Please let me know if this fixes the issue for you guys.
    Full changelog and new manual also on the website.

Maasq
    I meant to reply sooner, but it seems the /langxxxx issue is resolved. Thank you for all your hard work.

Great, thanks for letting me know

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

npc engineer stopped parsing for me

Hi

i'm getting this error message with version .97e

I tried using .92 and didn't get the same issue
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hiya Hawkwind

I can't reproduce this issue here - it still parses my random set of monsters fine. The error looks like a fault creating the zip file.

1. Does the parse window open at all? If so, does it get through any part of the parse (images, tokens, etc?)
    2. Check the file name and path in the 'project' part hasn't got changed or corrupted somehow. This would be my suggestion for what has gone wrong. Did you move files that the project is referencing?
    3. Do you have a thumbnail.png? It shouldn't matter, but hey...
    4. If none of the above help, try manually deleting any *.zip files left over in the directory in case they are blocking a new one being created.

the 'hzip' parameter the error is referencing is the zip handle. If it is wrong, something must have changed it between creating the zip earlier in the program and it saving files. Can you send me the npcs.json and the *.ini for the project? I can load them up and see if they cause the issue here.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

1, yes and i had a few other error messages as well

2. a possibility, don't know for sure i was adding monsters happily and did the first three and then it went all wrong

3. no

4. wiil do

files attached

additional files
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hawkwind; November 26th, 2017 at 07:21.

Blog Entries
    Ok, the attributes parse right, but now the description at the bottom of the NPC gets parse as an action. Do I need to move the description or use a code to say actions are over or something? Exactly the same as the example I pasted above.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Yes, you have to paste description text separately. There is no way to detect the end of a statblock and the start of a description.
    So paste in the statblock and most things get put in the correct place, then turn to the description tab for another cut and paste for that text.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    1, yes and i had a few other error messages as well

2. a possibility, don't know for sure i was adding monsters happily and did the first three and then it went all wrong

3. no

4. wiil do

files attached

additional files
    Hey Hawkwind.

The file parses perfectly here, so I am at a bit of a loss as to what to tell you. The only change to the Parse module in that time was updating it to use a Rich Text control - so give colourful text. Nothing was changed under the hood so to speak.
    My gut feeling is there is a file structure issue at your end. Try renaming the project so that it creates a whole new folder structure, add a single creature (the sample one provided will do) and then parse to see if it works. That'll at least let us know if it is the project that has the issue or if there is an issue with the code on your machine for some reason.

Let me know

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

New release today - 0.9.7g. Download from the website or from the first post in this thread. There are quite a few new features added, and some updates. Try it out! Read the changelog or Manual for information on what is new.

Laerun - you should be happier with what it does now. I'll add an input translator for that PDF this week too.
    Hawkwind - try this version and see if it changes anything for you.

On another note - I got my first donation through the website this week, and it felt brilliant!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information