DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 25 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

I'm having a problem loading the program now since going to the latest update. I have tried unistalling/reinstalling and deleting the folders but I keep getting this error:

2018-01-13_9-34-50.jpg

I even deleted the PBG-Bestiary folder that I had created and still getting the error. :/
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Hiya

I hope you haven't completely deleted all the files in your bestiary! Go to https://www.masq.net/2018/01/consoli...-standard.html to read how to move your files safely to work with the most recent version. If all else fails, you can delete the NPC Engineer.ini file and it'll work again. This is found in the {appdata} folder - on Windows 10 it'll be C:\Users\your name here\AppData\Roaming\NPC Engineer.

I'm sorry this hit you; as the project approaches proper release status small changes like this happen that can have far reaching effects. Once it matures to release (version 1.0.0) there should be no other file or directory changes.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Ah-HA! Bingo - that fixed it. I only had a couple of Monsters over there as i've only been playing around with it and haven't put it into 'production' yet.

Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Great addition! You have my undying gratitude for this, it makes my DM tasks so much easier.
    Only had a few little errors, I had to open the db.xml to fix a few issues. Two instances of the empty <> and </> would give me an error and there was a </b> missing. Also, I get images in the description section even though "images" is not checked in the settings. Any ideas?
    EDIT: Just noticed the checkbox "Add Image Link" in the description section, that explains it!
    Last edited by Doomskull; January 15th, 2018 at 03:05.

I'm getting an error trying to open the module:
    "Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file SCAP Occipitus:common.xml - Error on line 304: Error reading end tag."

Any suggestions?

Update: The problem, it seems, was caused by some descriptive text. The stat blocks would parse fine without the description, and it was only one description that cause a problem. That text included a heading, a description in italics, and two paragraphs of text with a sentence of bold text. No idea why that would cause a problem.

Two other things I noticed: it seems that you intended for double-clicking on the hp box to open a dialog, but nothing happens. The calculation buttons (mean, roll) work. Also, if you add a recharge to an action such as "Bellow (Recharge 6)" NPCE will turn that into "Bellow (Recharge 6." I tried a "(1/day)" to see if that would work, and the same thing happened "... (1/day." was how it came out.
    Last edited by epithet; January 15th, 2018 at 21:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomskull View Post
    Great addition! You have my undying gratitude for this, it makes my DM tasks so much easier.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomskull View Post
    Only had a few little errors, I had to open the db.xml to fix a few issues. Two instances of the empty <> and </> would give me an error and there was a </b> missing. Also, I get images in the description section even though "images" is not checked in the settings. Any ideas?
    EDIT: Just noticed the checkbox "Add Image Link" in the description section, that explains it!
    I'd need to see what you were feeding in to it and the error it was giving. Could you pop onto Discord and show me some screenshots? Or better yet screenshare so I can watch what happens?
    The image thing.... yeah, you spotted it

Sorry it took so long to answer - I had a loooong day at work. Hope to speak on Discord, as it is the quickest way to find issues.

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    I'm getting an error trying to open the module:
    "Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file SCAP Occipitus:common.xml - Error on line 304: Error reading end tag."

Any suggestions?
    As with Doomskull above, could you show me a screenshot of the source file over on Discord? Or send me the source file and let me rummage through it?

For both of you, the latest version is 0.9.46 and is available on the website. It might sort out issues as I made slight changes to the parsing.

These are the sorts of errors that interest me, and that I want to crush before I call it version 1.0.0

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

I'm doing another monster mod so as soon as I finish that I'll get with you on Discord if I get the same error.

Hi folks.

Another update today - this takes me to version 0.9.51 (the version numbers tick up with internal builds - they aren't all releases!)
    Ideally, this will be the last of the test versions (bug fixes notwithstanding) and I'll move to version 1.0.0 over the weekend. This will allow me to move on to other projects in the ...Engineer family.

I have added the new version to the first post in this thread, and the latest version can always be downloaded from www.masq.net. You can also have a read of my development blog, and find a full changelog for the application.

So new to this version:

• NEW: You can now set 'Frame Text' within NPC Engineer and it shows up properly in Fantasy Grounds.
    • UPDATED: Setting a weapon action's damage to zero (0dX + 0) will now remove the entire 'HIT:' part of the information, just leaving a 'to hit' and 'target' part. This allows special attacks such as grapple to look neater.
    • FIXED: Edit NPC Hit Dice window didn't open when the HP box was double-clicked on a system where a scaling factor had been set. NPC Engineer is now DPI aware and this feature should work as intended.
    • FIXED: If styling (bold or italic, perhaps heading) was added to a paragraph rather than to the block of text (ie the extra 'character' at the end of the paragraph is also selected), this left mixed up XML tags that caused the mod to fail. This has been fixed, but I will continue to monitor it. If formatting issues continue to cause fails, give me as much detail as possible to help me find the issue!
    • FIXED: Adding anything to an action that had parentheses and sat at the end of the action (such as (recharge 6) would cause the final close parenthesis to be removed. This has been corrected.
    • FIXED: 'Other Action' wasn't clearing properly when added. Corrected.
    • FIXED: 'Edit Action' wasn't putting the action name in the combobox. This is now working as intended.

All of Epithet's issues above have been fixed, I believe. Discord is great

I'm off for a wee celebrationary Jack Daniels before bed!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

I uploaded the wrong file - Ugggggg.
    Fixed now and sorry for the confusion!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information