5E Character Create Playlist
Page 20 of 25 First ... 101819202122 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Hiya

You are deleting the backslash at the end of the module path somehow. There is a check in place to see if there is one and add it if not, but somehow it isn't picking it up.
    Can we screenshare on Discord?

Nothing has changed in this part of the program in a while, and I set up a live project and another test one there recently with no issue. Let's nail down what the issue is and I can fix it.

Maasq
    I cant right now, but I'll try again a little later, I didnt delete any backslash, but I'll walk through my steps more carefully and make sure I didnt accidently do it.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

OK. For reference, a blank project should look like this. If you are using the default directories, there's no reason to change anything in the path boxes.
    Untitled.png
    Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

OK. For reference, a blank project should look like this. If you are using the default directories, there's no reason to change anything in the path boxes.
    Untitled.png
    Maasq
    I just did another uninstall and delete the appdata folder, then reinstall. ran npc engineer and opened up manage project. and I see that it is missing the \ at the end of the module path. Untitled.png
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

There IS an issue, and I'm looking into it just now. The workaround is to add the '\' for now. Sorry about that!

I have found another issue that I hope is related too. So 2 for the price of one - well done!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

There IS an issue, and I'm looking into it just now. The workaround is to add the '\' for now. Sorry about that!

I have found another issue that I hope is related too. So 2 for the price of one - well done!

Maasq
    Awesome, and though I didnt say it earlier, thank you so much for making this, it is an awesome help!!

Reference Manual update and new image tab

Hi folks

As the title says, I have been tinkering with the reference manual output. As part of this, I wanted to add proper attributing for any images used, and the best way to do this seemed to be to have a new tab for images. I am pleased with how this turned out, and it will have no affect on your saves either. Bonus.

Changelog:
    v1.1.09
    NEW: Images had been treated fairly poorly, held in a tiny wee box on the 'description' tab. No more. I broke images out into their own tab (cunningly titled 'image') so that you can see a decent sized version of your image, and so that you can add both artist and website to attribute the work properly. This will be added to the end of each NPC's page in the reference manual, if you are generating one. As with all reference manual work in NPCE, you will need to re-add any NPC once changes have been made.
    NEW: Adding an image automatically sets an image link in the description. You can leave this unset by default and never worry about whether you remembered to change it again. You can, of course, override this using the checkbox under the image.
    NEW: The number of NPCs in a project will show at the end of the project's name in the status bar.

FIXED: A minor issue in the initial path if you didn't have a project loaded.
    FIXED: An issue caused framed text to misbehave & produce bad XML. Sorted.
    FIXED: Would you believe it if I said there were still errors in the RTF translation? No, me neither. Astonishingly, I found another couple and fixed them.
    FIXED: Something I did up above also fixed the KNOWN ISSUE below. How about that?

v1.1.02
    FIXED: In the pursuit of perfect frames in the Reference Manual, I forgot to check if having no frames - the default state - still worked. Shut up. Fixed.

I am also working on a module of 1d6 Adventurers' Monster-A-Day campaign over on Reddit with their permission. I am around half way through it, and working on it has been the impetus to fix a lot of the little niggly things. It's been a worthwhile experience. Look for this relatively soon!

Maasq

PS It is my birthday on Saturday. You're all invited round for a drink.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

I'd like to make a small request for the Spell Engineer. Currently for NPC engineer, you have the option to save NPCs in a project subfolder. could you add that capability to the spell engineer as well? I'd like to keep all spells from a source together.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I'd like to make a small request for the Spell Engineer. Currently for NPC engineer, you have the option to save NPCs in a project subfolder. could you add that capability to the spell engineer as well? I'd like to keep all spells from a source together.
    Yep. I will do that today and it'll be there the next time I publish an update. Good idea!
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Hi folks.

New version available on the website (www.masq.net). Changelog is below. There are a good number of little fixes and improvements. Enjoy!

Maasq

Changelog:
    NEW: The 'description' box responds to keyboard shortcuts - it always did - and two new ones have been added for frame chat and lists. Here is a complete list:
    *CTRL-X: cut
    *CTRL-C: copy
    *CTRL-V: paste
    *CTRL-B: Bold
    *CTRL-I: Italic
    *CTRL-U: Underline
    *CTRL-H: Header
    *CTRL-T: Body Text
    *CTRL-F: Frame Chat
    *CTRL-L: List (bullets)
    *CTRL-Z: Undo
    *CTRL-Y: Redo
    *CTRL-J: Remove stray line feeds from pastes from PDF documents.

FIXED: Newline codes (\r) weren't being properly translated for reference manual pages. They are now.
    FIXED: The arrows beside the main viewport had stopped working because of how I was referencing them. Changed this, and they work again. What do you mean you all use the mousewheel anyway?
    FIXED: Import was chopping the last character (usually a period) unless you input a return. Fixed to work as expected.
    FIXED: You can now switch directly from bullet to frame and vice versa when formatting in the 'Description' field.
    FIXED: Spellcasting and innate spellcasting have always had issues with newlines in the middle of their text. Both have had a lot of work done on them, and deal with this much better now. There is one situation that will still ctach them, and is unavoidable - if the last level of spell (or number of casts per day for innate) is broken by a newline, this won't be picked up and you'll have to fix it manually on the import screen.

UPDATED: Some changes to how the reference manual pages are formatted. DO NOT UPDATE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PROJECT unless you are happy to go back and open each existing NPC and add it to the project again. (For Discord users, this is the same change that was made about 2 weeks ago, not ANOTHER one!)
    UPDATED: Clicking on the image or the token boxes will no longer cause an already-selected image to disappear if you cancel.
    UPDATED: Added a 'Clear Image' button for when the NPC doesn't deserve a picture any more.
    UPDATED: Innate spellcasting has a new element - the text for components used/ignored when casting the spells. Previously, NPCE expected all innate casters to be the same, and enforced this (failing if text never matched what it looked for). This update allows it to find innate casters more accurately and output the correct text.
    UPDATED: When entering Lair Actions, the caret defaults to the 'name' field as it originally should have.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

I cant seem to get it to recognize a saving throw bonus of +0. An example of this is the zombie from the MM. It has a wisdom of 6, so normally would have a -2 applied to its wisdom saving throw, but it has an explicitly defined bonus of +0 to wisdom saving throws. However, NPC Engineer skips over it unless its 1 or higher, or -1 or lower.

Thread Information