FG Spreadshirt Swag

Dear developers! Can I create a translation?

Dear developers. I would like to translate d & d5 into Russian. There was a desire to translate all races and classes, prehistory and traits
    it is possible and translation of the bastiariya.No in the Russian community of FG in the discord I was told that I do not have a license and the right to do so. It's true? Why did not I have the right to do this in Russian when I was buying your content?
    Last edited by Yujin; October 16th, 2017 at 09:25.

WotC have not released a version of the Monster Manual or any other books for that matter for any language other than US English. You can translate anything that you want to do as long as you only use it for personal use. You can't distribute any content. Your license is only a personal license it does not give you any distribution rights.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    WotC have not released a version of the Monster Manual or any other books for that matter for any language other than US English. You can translate anything that you want to do as long as you only use it for personal use. You can't distribute any content. Your license is only a personal license it does not give you any distribution rights.
    Thank you, everyone understood. I will do only for myself. How I understand that the official translation into Russian is not planned? And if we find a group of people who are ready to make a translation for FG for free, with one enthusiasm. Is it realistic to do?

The issue, Yujin, is that the owners of the material (WotC in this case) have not / do not allow it, so we can't do it

However, on a related note, are you aware of the LPak Community Project here on the FG Forums?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Be aware, and this is discussed in other similar threads recently (you may want to search for them), if you translate everything into another language, some of the automation in the 5E ruleset will not work.

This is because some of the automation is triggered by specific words (that are only recognized in English). So you may want to leave the English and add Russian to it (rather than just replace all English). But, exactly what I do not know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Tell me please. If several people have the appropriate licenses, and together we will do the transfer together, for ourselves, and not for general use. Can we do this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Tell me please. If several people have the appropriate licenses, and together we will do the transfer together, for ourselves, and not for general use. Can we do this?
    As fair as that seems it would still be a violation under American copyright law. Your local laws might be more lenient. As much as you would like no one here will be able to tell you that you can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Be aware, and this is discussed in other similar threads recently (you may want to search for them), if you translate everything into another language, some of the automation in the 5E ruleset will not work.

This is because some of the automation is triggered by specific words (that are only recognized in English). So you may want to leave the English and add Russian to it (rather than just replace all English). But, exactly what I do not know.
    Yes, I already know, for this reason, the keywords that I save in English, and in Russian I add an explanation.
    spell.png

Thread Information