DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabales View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best screen prospective players for identifying those who are committed?
    • Actually tell prospective players what kind of game you're going to run. Be specific. Set expectations.
    • Tell prospects what kind of players you want and don't want.
    • Find out how flexible their schedules are ahead of time. A whole group of inflexible players won't work.
    • Ask them about their last couple campaigns. Learn what they think made them good/bad and why they ended.
    • Make sure they understand the schedule and how a session will be scheduled/cancelled. Make sure they understand what their role is in the process. Make sure they understand it's not optional.

Great suggestions here. Also you can ask beforehand what their ideal campaign would be like in terms of role play vs. intrigue vs. problem solving vs. strategic battles vs. more free form combat. Also ask if general attitude is more casual vs ultra serious. Then gauge that on how you want the game to be and try and pick players that will fit into that. Ask about where on a scale of 1-10 the players are in terms of rules-lawyering. Also let them know where you are as far as that goes. In the end players and gms that are on close to being on the same page will all be happier with the experience.

Even with all the compatibility questions in the world that everyone answers a little bit of flexibility amongst both players and and DMs/GMs will go a long way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    • Actually tell prospective players what kind of game you're going to run. Be specific. Set expectations.
    • Tell prospects what kind of players you want and don't want.
    • Find out how flexible their schedules are ahead of time. A whole group of inflexible players won't work.
    • Ask them about their last couple campaigns. Learn what they think made them good/bad and why they ended.
    • Make sure they understand the schedule and how a session will be scheduled/cancelled. Make sure they understand what their role is in the process. Make sure they understand it's not optional.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amai View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm writing this post because a while back I invested in a lot of D&D FG material. Since then, the groups I've joined have not been taken seriously and have had conflicting schedules. I figured the best way to resolve this issue would be to reach out to the community.

What am I looking for?

DMs/Players

When am I available?

Friday-Sunday, 5:00 PM or later, EDT

What FG material do I have?

FG Ultimate Upgrade, FG D&D: The Rise of Tiamat, FG D&D: Lost Mine of Phandelver, FG D&D: Complete Core Monster Pack, FG D&D: Complete Core Class Pack, FG D&D: Character Customization Pack

If anyone has any additional questions or is interested in joining this group, you can reach out here: https://discord.gg/Hvvh6JZ
    Would you be interested in an OSR Castles and Crusades campaign? Basically, are you married to 5e or is your relationship an open one?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information