DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Easiest plot point to run?

I’m considering GMing another campaign, but need something that requires very little prep. Is there one that’s better than the others?

Blog Entries
    Lots would depend of the ruleset you plan to use, but for 5e my favorite so far was Curse of Strahd.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGraystone View Post
    Lots would depend of the ruleset you plan to use, but for 5e my favorite so far was Curse of Strahd.
    Discussing in SavageWorlds thread you probably look to use SavageWorlds ruleset. Imo 50 Fathoms is very simple one and has awesome theme!
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Possibly check out the Deadlands ones too? Many of the SW plot points leave quite a bit of work for the GM to do (by design). So there will likely be a fair bit of improv or work beforehand to get it running on FG with maps etc.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I was gonna say, I haven't seen a PPC yet that struck me as "very little prep." They all seem like "here's the general idea, go build it!" which is heavy prep in my book. And of course, as @Skellan said, go find all your own maps because no one ever publishes battlemaps for an RPG that claims to be based off battles with minis... </rant>

Fair point

Oh, I forgot war of the dead. The FG module for WOTD is pretty much ready to play out of the box. It is written as a full adventure rather than plot points.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

For some reason, I neglected to say that Deadlands was my intended setting. Sorry

You did answer my question though - they do require work.

Are there modules that require less work? For Deadlands?

Hmmm, that is a bit of a conundrum. Deadlands didn't get much in the way of maps and PPC are meant to be more of an outline kinda campaign.

Might suggest looking at the Trail Guides they are slightly more adventure like if I remember (would need to double check).
    There is also Blood Drive which is shorter and 3 or 4 chapters probably 1 or 2 sessions for each.

The Flood is a long campaign but does require at least moderate prep work, but someone has been spending time to clean up or make maps that weren't provided, they have a thread here in "Savage Worlds". I believe they have have maps for what would be a couple of the first sessions.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    Fair point

Oh, I forgot war of the dead. The FG module for WOTD is pretty much ready to play out of the box. It is written as a full adventure rather than plot points.
    I personally wouldn't have put WotD in the ready to play out of the box category but I don't have a huge amount of experience with SW content. If it does, well wow.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I personally wouldn't have put WotD in the ready to play out of the box category but I don't have a huge amount of experience with SW content. If it does, well wow.
    WotD has the maps covered and seems fairly ready to plug in and play. BUT, and it is a big, upper-case but, it is only the first of 4 parts. Part 2 has been teased since November of last year. On the positive-side, there are quite a few game sessions in the current product AND there is a map pack that can be purchased on Drivethru for part 2 if entering in the encounters is't a bother. (I got all the PDFs in a Bundle of Holding sale.)

In any case, the only plot point campaign currently ready for Fantasy Grounds DLR is The Flood. Others are doubtlessly in a development pipe. The Flood has recently been fixed up quite a bit and as mentioned, there a mapping resource thread here that will cover quite a few of the plot points (but not all). There are also plenty of web-based resources that you can find and download.

Thread Information