STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last
    You’re mucking with some very old code structures. Some of it is before my time here.

The ability damage does not auto-adjust the bonuses displayed (only the score does), but it is taken into account when any rolls are made using the ability.

Cheers,
    JPG

both pathfinder and starfinder books say the same thing about ability damage.

For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability. If the amount of ability damage you have taken equals or exceeds your ability score, you immediately fall unconscious until the damage is less than your ability score. The only exception to this is your Constitution score. If the damage to your Constitution is equal to or greater than your Constitution score, you die.

sounds like FG is handling it correctly. Strange bit of rule though.

Quote Originally Posted by Threnode View Post
    both pathfinder and starfinder books say the same thing about ability damage.

For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability. If the amount of ability damage you have taken equals or exceeds your ability score, you immediately fall unconscious until the damage is less than your ability score. The only exception to this is your Constitution score. If the damage to your Constitution is equal to or greater than your Constitution score, you die.

sounds like FG is handling it correctly. Strange bit of rule though.
    Thanks That clears that up. I was mis-understanding it then. I thought it was 1 for 1.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Question for module writers.
    Is there a <tag> to put in the class <classfeatures> section to update the spell castable numbers?
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Question for module writers.
    Is there a <tag> to put in the class <classfeatures> section to update the spell castable numbers?
    Never-mind I found where it does it.

Ok Got Technomancer's and Mystic's Spell per Day to Auto update including Spell Bonus for Int.
    Only one problem and again its because of Ability Score Adjustment at the end. First level Bonus Spell don't get added in.
    and When you Change Stats at level 5 It won't update the bonus spell correct, for the change in Int.
    So for now we will have to adjust them manually when ever your Int increases. But if there is no change in Int then the update is correct for level and bonus increase.
    Last edited by Samarex; October 24th, 2017 at 03:24.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Getting really Close to finishing this Core Rules Module, working on the last Class Mystic.
    Attachment is a Preview of the Mystic, and my favorite the Mechanic.
    Then I just need to update Skill Descriptions and get the spells entered and I think it will be done.
    I will then Post the module and 3.5.1 Extension update.
    Last edited by Samarex; October 24th, 2017 at 10:44.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Good Evening everyone
    The long awaited SFC 3.5.1 and Starfinder Core Rules 2.0 modules have been released.
    Files can be found on first post of this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
    Release Notes: 3.5.1 Leveling Automation / Core Rule Book compatability.
    This update is a mix of Rule Set and Core Rule book update. It brings in allot of automation to leveling.
    -Ability Tab formated correctally for automation.
    -Theme/Traits/Class Abilities/Feats/Proficiencies all now drop in proper place.
    -Added [Proficiency] Sidebar Button to bring up Armor/Weapon Proficiency List.

The Major work has been on the Starfinder Core Rule book.
    *All Races Updated both Core and Legacy.
    -Racial Abilitys Either drop in Ability Tab or Update the Character sheet automatic
    -Speed/Ability Score/Languages/Size auto apply.
    -Racial HP Auto Apply.
    *Themes-
    - Ability Score Adjustment now auto updates.
    *Classes
    -Class HP and Stamina auto update
    -BAB and Saving Throw Class Bonus now Auto fill.
    -All Class Features Auto Drop all the way thru level 20.
    Allot of the Class Feature's have links in the Desc that can be Drag n Drop to CS.
    -Mechanic Class- Due to the differance in the leveling of the two options for the Machanic, I created two class inputs for it.
    The Class selection box reads "Machanic Options" this open a Text box that explains it and how to apply. There you will see Machanic [Drone] and
    Machanic [Exocortex]. Depending on your choice you drag this link to your Class on your character sheet.
    If you selected Drone your Artiifical Intelligence Ability will have a link on how to make your Drone.
    *Drones- I created a Race and Class for each of the three types of Drones. They also have all there information and leveling input just like a normal class does.
    *Leveling
    -Input Class and Race Data in [data_common] for leveling
    -HP/Stamina Max auto update when leveling.
    -BAB/Fort/Ref/Will Class bonus now auto update when leveling.
    *Spells
    Spells have been removed from the Core rule book.
    Note: All Mystic Connection Spells are input. The links are in the Class, so the spells don't show up in the Spells listing. All these spells have a [CS] infront to make the player know that these are his Connection Spells that can't be changed out and don't count toward spells known..
    *Other
    -Armor and Weapon Proficiency Feats have been moved to Proficiency
    -Added a Auto Character Sheet Update system.
    When you open your character sheet it will compare the Extension Version to the CS Version. if any updates are needed they will auto apply.
    You will see a report in the Chat box as to the Status of this feature. So now things like the Ability Score Change Warning in 3.5.0 is automatically done for you. Importing Characters is alot easier now.
    -Fixed Issue with Ranged Weapons giving you Str Bonus for damage.
    -Stamina will auto adjust when you take or repair Con damage.
    -Skills- finished off missing skill descriptions.

Enjoy and as normal if the are any issue Please let me know.
    Regards
    RJC
    Last edited by Samarex; October 25th, 2017 at 13:41.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

After I give my Eyes and Fingers a needed break. I will get to work on Creating the
    Starfinders Spell Library module.

Reguards
    RJC
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Before I get too far entering these Spells please correct me if misinterpret this.
    If a Spell Has Saving Throw:None or Saving Throw: Will/Fort/Ref (harmless) and the Desc says nothing about attack. then a Attack roll is not required.
    Last edited by Samarex; October 26th, 2017 at 05:09.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Would like to thank you for your excellent work so far Samarex.

You are correct there. Spells will always specify if an attack roll is needed in the spell descriptions.
    I would also like to point out a bug, that I have noticed when leveling characters up. Health is not being correctly calculated at level up, each time a level is added to a character, the Health from both the class and the race are being added. Health from race should only be added at 1st level

As per this excerpt from the core rules:

Calculating Hit Points
    At 1st level, you gain the number of Hit Points listed in your
    race entry + the number of Hit Points listed in your class’s
    description, reflecting the overall durability of your race as well
    as the hardiness you’ve gained from your training.
    At 2nd level and at every level thereafter, you gain the
    number of Hit Points listed in your class’s description, reflecting
    the greater influence your training and experience has played
    in your toughness

Thread Information