5E Character Create Playlist

Windows Defender Detection

Hi,

Today, Windows Defender has detected FantasyGround.exe as a Trojan virus (Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl).
    Am I alone ?

Windows Defender scans my machine every day, and I haven't had any notices. Also, I haven't seen any reports on the forum.
    Perhaps it got infected from another program?

To be safe, you could delete the file in the FG app directory, and re-run the FGUpdaterEngine.exe file to redownload the latest from our server.

Regards,
    JPG

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    I can confirm as "Moon Wizard" says Windows Defender isn't your problem.
    I have Windows Defender too and have no problems (windows with all updates, last update was last Tuesday 2017-10-10 and nothing changed)
    Last edited by MarianDz; October 14th, 2017 at 20:33.

I've done that but Defender erased the new file... Finally I've set a folder exception and made a new update. But it's very strange

I experienced a similar problem. Windows Defender has a history of returning high false positives (and AV-Tests recent results confirm this). Try disabling Windows Defender to solve the issue.

Welcome to the forums Umairee95

Never disable your security software to try to "solve" issues. Only ever do it for a very short time to see if that software is causing the issues. Most (all?) security software will have the ability to put an app on a whitelist or somesuch - just do that for FantasyGrounds.exe, and keep an eye on any future possible blockages by the security software.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information