FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Table Questions

Table Questions

So I am not sure if this is the correct forum area as this isn't a break fix problem more of a 'how to' issue.

As per the screenshot I have attached, there is a table on the left that I would like to recreate the look when making a table. The built in shortcuts for tables do not do anything close to what was done on the left. My question is how do I recreate the professional look of the left with any table (non-random dice roll table) I wish to make in the future?

This is using 5e ruleset, fully licence FG on a Windows 10 client.

FGCapture.JPG

Blog Entries
    That has to be done manually in the xml itself, it can EDIT: not be done through the UI. There is a post around somewhere (from a year ago?) that describes how to do it, but I have no idea what to search on to find the post.

Someone with a better memory than me or who has done this will be along to point you in the right direction
    Last edited by LordEntrails; October 15th, 2017 at 05:43.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am very interested in this as well. I did find this
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tem-list/page2
    which is a couple of years old. This has some good information in it. I am wondering if there is a page I am not seeing with an XML reference that lists the recognized by FG or if I am free to create my own reference names

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I don't know about reference names

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    You can't. The image on the left is an Equipment List, which is completely separate from the simplistic HTML <table> you can create on the various page types.

@Ikael was working on a prototype block type to simulate that appearance on refpages but I suspect that's way on the back burner since he took over as Savage Worlds ruleset developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    You can't. The image on the left is an Equipment List, which is completely separate from the simplistic HTML <table> you can create on the various page types.

@Ikael was working on a prototype block type to simulate that appearance on refpages but I suspect that's way on the back burner since he took over as Savage Worlds ruleset developer.
    I was trying combinations of types in the XML to get the result, but it would not render. I was guessing this was going to be the answer after seeing that behavior.
    Thanks for the response
    @ Zacchaeus - That is good information. Thanks for that

It's clunky but can be done with patience, time, and a decent xml editor like Notepad++... When I converted the Adventures in Middle Earth Players Handbook to FG I had to create a campaign, export it so it could be opened as a module in another campaign, and edit the XML file of the exported common.xml file. In the <library>...<entries> section you'll need something like:
    Code:
    <r05equipment>
    	<librarylink type="windowreference">
    		<class>referenceindex</class>
    		<recordname>lists.equipment.equipmentlists</recordname>
    	</librarylink>
    	<name type="string">Equipment</name>
    </r05equipment>
    The above gets you a link in the modules window when you click on it for Equipment. Then in the <lists> section you'll need something like:
    Code:
    <lists>
    <equipment>
    	<equipmentlists>
    		<name type="string">Equipment</name>
    		<index>
    			<r01gear>
    				<name type="string">Adventuring Gear</name>
    				<listlink type="windowreference">
    					<class>reference_adventuringgeartable</class>
    					<recordname>lists.equipment.gear</recordname>
    				</listlink>
    			</r01gear>
    		</index>
    	</equipmentlists>
    </equipment>
    ...other categories to follow...
    That gets you a pop-up window with different categories that shows up when you click on the Equipment link in the module. Each category (like the Adventuring Gear one above) refers to another list. For example my ammunition section looks like:
    Code:
    <gear>
    	<description type="string">Adventuring Gear</description>
    	<groups>
    		<r01ammunition>
    			<description type="string">Ammunition</description>
    			<equipment>
    				<id-00066>
    					<link type="windowreference">
    						<class>reference_equipment</class>
    						<recordname>reference.equipmentdata.id-00066</recordname>
    					</link>
    					<name type="string">Arrows (20)</name>
    					<cost type="string">1s</cost>
    					<weight type="number">1</weight>
    				</id-00066>
    				<id-00067>
    					<link type="windowreference">
    						<class>reference_equipment</class>
    						<recordname>reference.equipmentdata.id-00067</recordname>
    					</link>
    					<name type="string">Sling Bullets (20)</name>
    					<cost type="string">4c</cost>
    					<weight type="number">1.5</weight>
    				</id-00067>
    			</equipment>
    		</r01ammunition>
    ...other groups to follow...
    Once done it looks just like the official FG content.

Blog Entries
    My impression of what he wanted was to duplicate the appearance, not to actually create an equipment list?

Its the only way I know of (other than an extension of some sort) to make a table in that format. The equipment list is just an example, he could name the fields whatever he wants.

Thread Information