5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Battlelords of the 23rd century 7th edition

The Battlelords kickstarter is almost funded! If you want to play the best paramilitary sci-fi space opera RPG you've never heard of, now's your chance!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

Battlelords is an excellent, indie sci-fi rpg and the 7th edition of this game is enhanced and streamlined to be more accessible to new players. I’ve spent years playing Battlelords 3rd through 6th editions throughout high school and university with my friends and brothers and truly believe that the 7th edition is the best, most new player accessible version to date.

The rules, though at first a little clunky, were designed by some ex-military guys and as such have a realistic feel to them. Combat is fast and deadly, with the critical hit charts being especially gruesome(and entertaining). It’s a percentile based system, which I personally find gives more variety, flexibility and realism. There are a wide variety of player races to choose from including, but not limited to; Human, to Gen-Human (genetically engineered humans), to the sword wielding, honor obsessed Eridani, to the four tentacled, morally ambiguous (evil?) squid-like Phentari, to the Mutzachan, a “little grey men” equivalent race, complete with large melon shaped head, larger eyes and energy controlling powers. There are a vast other number of races, each with a detailed background and racial variants available guaranteeing that each character you create is unique. With hundreds of skills to choose from, hundreds of weapons systems and thousands of armour/helmet combinations, variety and flexibility is the name of the game here.

The game centers on the players running a group of mercenaries employed by one of the various trans-galactic mega corporations to act as security, clean up conflicts/messes, steal equipment, scientific research, materials from rival companies, etc, etc.

The “feel” of the game, when I describe it to new players is, a sci-fi space opera that is; ”One part BladeRunner, one part Starwars, one part Startrek, one part Firefly and one part Starship Troopers. Add a dash of Gundam, two dashes of “Black Hawk Down”, a pinch of WarHammer 40k and a sprinkle of Battletech. Flavoured with some Glen Cook’s The Black Company” and serve chilled.

The play test rules are available for free download on Drivethrurpg if anyone is curious.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/222020

I ran a weekly one-shot Battlelords game here on Fantasy Grounds for most of 2014-2015 and would love to start it up again should the 7th edition get fully funded. Anyone who is looking for a unique, indie, sci-fi RPG, I urge them to check out Battlelords and support a quality, independent roleplaying game.
    FG Con 10 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 7th - 9th, 2017!
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    FG Daze/FG Con voice via Teamspeak: Server: ts.fg-con.com; Password: Dungeoneers

Ultimate License Holder
    : open to anyone.
    Timezone : Eastern Standard Time [GMT-5]
    FG Server Alias : soft grave deranged unicorn
    Current Campaign : N/A
    Comms : Text and TeamSpeak3 (ts.fg-con.com Password: Dungeoneers).

95% funded!! 2 days to do!!

If you are a fan of indie sci-fi rpgs please check out this hidden gem. I can’t recommend it enough. Great game, great system, so much fun to play.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery
    FG Con 10 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 7th - 9th, 2017!
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    FG Daze/FG Con voice via Teamspeak: Server: ts.fg-con.com; Password: Dungeoneers

Ultimate License Holder
    : open to anyone.
    Timezone : Eastern Standard Time [GMT-5]
    FG Server Alias : soft grave deranged unicorn
    Current Campaign : N/A
    Comms : Text and TeamSpeak3 (ts.fg-con.com Password: Dungeoneers).

Thread Information