DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    You can have multiple versions of .Net in most cases.
    There are always cases where something conflicts with something but generally you can run multiple versions.

It is not the multiple versions it is that wine has to mimic windows features and I seriously doubt they can keep up with the latest .net features.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhern View Post
    Or consider creating a plugin for Eclipse or one of the other Java-based IDEs. You won't have to mess with .NET or Microsoft proprietary wonkiness at all then.
    Doh! Mess around with a buggy as all !@!@@ Java IDE instead!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    It is not the multiple versions it is that wine has to mimic windows features and I seriously doubt they can keep up with the latest .net features.
    Major releases of .Net are few and far between. 4.5 came out 5 years ago and was a big update.
    Since then they are only up to about 4.7 which is a good 6 months old already (I think...)
    Im no expert at this though...

IMHO as a developer... target .NET 4.5. Almost everyone has it already, and 4.6 has almost nothing that you will actually need.

I'm a developer for industrial software. The majority of our customer base is Windows 7 (>90%) and .Net v4.5 will cover everybody from Win 7 to Win 10. Like lordjeb says, the newer versions of .Net don't add a lot that is 'needed'. Many may have the newer frameworks installed.

Even our new projects are targeted for Win 7 and .Net v4.5. This will work with all customers currently. We don't generally have Mac users at all, but the few that do are using VM software and running Windows 7 in their VMs without issue.

I don’t use wine as I have said but I have to believe windows 7 and 4.5 is very viable for wine by now

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Doh! Mess around with a buggy as all !@!@@ Java IDE instead!
    You are talking gibberish, damned! I don't have any issues with Eclipse, or with IntelliJ (which is what I use at work) - you must just not have the magic Java touch. My main point was something that isn't platform dependent, which would suit people on Windows, Mac, or Linux.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Thread Information